Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its my second topic. i have bought 2006 v star 1100cc classic with 4200miles on it. i thought it was good deal but not. bike was sitting about 4 years. tank was rusted alot. i finally found radiator shop who clean and seals. bike was bucking before i fix the tank. while waiting tank to be fixed i put seafoam with gas thru fuel hose and let the bike run 10min alot smoke came out. and once no gas left in carbs i fill only seafoam this time and let it sit for one day. and then drain it. now i got tank back and new gas. i take a ride today it was still bucking. so is there any problem with air or just carb need to be cleaned?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. i never work on bikes. i just change fuel filter and spark plugs. should i try to clean carbs myself watching tutorials from youtube.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you would have to remove the carbs.the float bowls screws strip out.the instructions are in the linc the Wkb.
Check your gas cap screws! These things always have a tendency to come loose. It is recommended that you pull off your gas cap, remove one screw at a time and apply a thread locker product to the screws, then replace and tighten. If too late, bolt size = 4mm x 30mm

i checked there is one bolt missing in the gas cap. what it can cause ?

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
i checked there is one bolt missing in the gas cap. what it can cause ?
unless you have a california bike, the tank normally vents thru the gas cap. If you are missing a screw or two it will just vent easier.

If you have a California bike then the tank is pressurized to some extent by the fuel vapor pressure. I dont know if a missing screw on a CA bike will cause issues or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts