Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought my 2007 xvs 1300 and looking forward to this forums content. I have already gotten highway lights, mustang seat, cobra 4" slip ons and a tach gauge. Loving riding this thing. I also got the ivans perfomance ecu flash and was wondering if i should go with k and n filter, or a cobra high flow air intake? What are your thoughts and what will be the difference here (besides the price)? Also, i get slight scraping sound in brakes when going very slow, and a bit of a squeak from rear brake. Is this normal? Brakes work great.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Hi Cody and welcome from Atlantic Canada. Nice looking ride you have there and it sounds like you've really made it yours with the mods. I may be wrong here, but when you have the Ivan's mod done isn't it tuned according to the mods you've done (intake, exhaust). If you change the air filter type afterward would it throw it off? I'm no expert and I may be way off but just a thought.

As for the brakes they may be the type with a high metal content that tend to squeal, but the scraping could mean they're getting down and should be replaced. It's not a big job to check and replace them and it's something you should do. Rotors are very expensive for bikes and pads are relatively cheap by comparison. I've had good luck with EBC pads but I've also used cheaper ones I found on eBay with good results.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Northern rider i thought the same thing with ivans and I called him specifically and he said the flash was done with high flow and aftermarket exhaust. You just send the ecu in via mail so the parts you have on your bike arent necessarily done to exact testing like if it was dyno tuned. Brake pads are newer so im thinking maybe high metal content like you said? Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! I got to stop reading when people say they added a new seat..is there such a thing as seat envy? If so I guess I have it...Been taking my prescription for my disease...I have a bad case of noassatall. Anyway...Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
4,499 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just ordered the Cobra Powerflow intake.
I got that one simply because I was able to determine it didn't stick out too far and be in the way of my leg.

One thing is for certain if you call the mfg. of these things, (Barons, Kuryakyn, Cobra, etc.) they know very little about them. I called their tech guys, not sales people. They have done zero testing on CFM air volume. Most don't even know the dimensions on their products. That's how bad american mfg and support has gotten.

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!
You mentioned your ECU flash being done, is your bike FI or carbed? Reason I’m asking is it it’s FI, and you’ve had the flash done, you’ll get much better seat of the pants performance out of an aftermarket high flow air filter system. I have the LA Choppers XXX system on my 09 950 and after installing it, huge difference. K&N is great, but you’re not gonna get a real noticeable difference in performance. Just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts