Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few times of riding my buddies Roadstar I finally bought one of my own. I knew that I wanted was a Roadstar because of the excellent reliability of the Yamaha Star line. To tell you a little about myself I live in the Midwest and have very little riding experience, around a 1000 miles. I thought about starting out on a 650 and working my way up to a larger CC cruiser but, a few people "that have experience" told me that the wind will effect a smaller cruiser more and the only difference is hp and weight. I weigh in at about 155 lbs so it is a big bike for me but it's what I wanted!? Now a little about the bike. It is a 2002 Roadstar silverado that is in near perfect condition. The guy that I bought it from was the original owner that took great care of it. Installed lots of chrome and aftermarket parts on it. I have since spent hours and hours going through checking and cleaning everything that I know how to check and adjust. I have only been able to ride a handful of times so far because either it's windy "25-35 mph gust" or to cold. Well I just wanted to say hi and get off to a great start.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome Uncle, from where ever i may be :D

Is it just me or is there an unusually high quantity of Indiana residents buying Star bikes lately :confused: Did your state outlaw cages ? That would be cooool

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots of Yamaha fans in Indiana. And as soon as I can figure out how to put pics up I will. Of course I do this all from my iPhone and am better at taking things apart than I am with the computer/phone stuff?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I use photobucket for a host site. Then copy 'image code' from there and paste into the block i'm typing in now. Kinda like this:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Ok I think I got this now. Hopefully the pics come through. I will have more and better pics when I know all this works

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard and nice pics well done. That is a great looking R*. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts