Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been riding for 2 years now. I bought my first bike, 2009 vstar 650 with less than 3,000 miles on it.

I rode it like this for the first year and the. Last year I decided to get some custom work done so the bike would be more unique and represent my company.

I have absolutely loved riding since getting this work done on the bike.

I am thinking of adding some ape hanger bars this coming year to see how I like it. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone 5+ using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi John, welcome to the forum. Big changes you've made there, looks really good.
Several members have added ape hangers so I'm sure someone will chime in. Ride safely, and we're glad you joined us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
That's one fine looking ride you have made there. What you calling apes? 10",12", 14" ,16".
I added 12" buckhorn to my 1100 with no cable changes but I modified my riser's.
Buckhorn's aren't apes, I believe 12" is about the max for stock setup??

Two thumbs up on your bike.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome John, from southwestern PA. Nice ride ya got there. I too am looking to put apes on my 1100. Got the bars but still hafta get the cables and brake hose yet to get them mounted. I'm hopin they will allow me to sit back in the seat a little further. Good to have ya and good luck in yer endeavor.

·
Administrator
13,279 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts