Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Live in southern CA and have been riding for a number of years. Currently have two 03 limited edition road stars. One is set up for the long haul with a faring and the other is raked, lowered, with a 21" front and a 18" 180 rear wheel. Looking forward to participating in the forum now that I am newly retired.

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Hi afay, welcome to the forum and retirement. Would love to see both your roadies, how about some pics of them? Where in socal do you hail from? Originally a San Gabriel valley guy myself. We're glad you joined us, so sit back and enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Welcome from the Netherlands, and yes, pics please! :)

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! I'm in the north part of San Diego County. I'm a bit of a computer dummy, but I'll figure out how to post some pics...just may take me a bit. You still in CA?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you eGo. You have some beautiful areas to ride. I've done several rides in Md...have a brother who lives just outside of DC.

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Afay I'm in the Southeast now, however I visit Cally as often as possible. Brother has time share in Escondido, so we usually stay there while visiting. We love the restaurants in San Diego, and the weather of course. I'll let you know when we're there. Looking forward to seeing your bike pics. You have some nice areas to ride.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please do let me know when you do...I'm in Carlsbad not far from Escondido. Great areas to ride here and agree about the restaurants. Riding to Boise in two weeks to check it out and possibly retire there. CA has become a bit too much in so many ways.

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Boise is an area my brother had considered until the grandkids came along. Beautiful area, however the winters was something he wanted to avoid besides not seeing the grandkids on a regular basis. I'll definitely be in touch when I'm in Escondido. Keep us updated and send some pics of your trip.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. Interesting thing about Boise is it is like high desert. Very little snow compared to many parts of Idaho. Trip should be great. SD to Monterey via Hwy 1 to Reno via S. Lake Tahoe then on to Boise. Return down to Salt Lake City to Prove then Henderson NV and back to SD. Definately some great pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts