Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I am an old man, living and loving retired life, who owns a 2002 V Star 1100 Classic with just over 1500 miles. So, what that should tell you is, it doesn't get ridden! Sorry to say, it is probably time to sell this motorcycle. So, I am not the hard core biker that most of you probably are, but hard-core or not, I've met a lot of super nice people who are associated with motorcycles! And, if you'll accept me for what I am, I'll be sure and do the same!

Oh yeah, just a little about the bike. I did some light customizing: cut down the original seat tray and sewed a new seat cover, replaced the headllight and taillight with units from a Honda VTX, adapted Harley Davidson Duece turn signals all around (grafted them onto a modified original front bracket, and side mounted them just behind the seat in the rear.) Installed Hard Krome Double D, slash cut pipes, and fabbed a custom license plate holder which mounts to the swing arm down by the axle. Nothing radical, but I think it cleaned it up a bit. Paint is the original Yamaha "champagne beige" two tone.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hi Robert, welcome aboard.Don't talk foolish,you will always be a biker no matter how old you are.We are all hard core or we wouldn't have bikes and this forum.Would love to see some pic of your scoot.It sounds like it's tricked out with your own custom twist.Now if that's not hard I don't know what is.You will soon find out that there are a lot of good people here with lots of things to bring to the table.If your down they make you laugh.If you need a tech ? answered they will find it for you.If you just need to hang out and do a little bench racing well you get the picture.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Robert. Don't listen to eater.....there are no good people here.

But welcome anyway...... :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the words of welcome.
How then do I go about posting pics? Or, do I need to put them in one of those sites and then post the link to it?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
It's all in the rule book Robert. On page 340854 it gives you instructions like pick up camera and remove lens cover; the rest of the actions are self explanatory. Then on page 698704 it says to use the "go advanced" icon and find the manage Attachements icon. From there if the pics you have taken without the lens cap on are good, just chose and upload them.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy our fair site. Contrary to what Paddy said, they're is some good people here, somewhere, I think, maybe not, I don't know anymore :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Robert on the picture loading you need a place to get your pictures from via web site or stored in your computer.When posting go to the advanced posting then below that your will find attached files.Click on manage attachments.That will bring up another screen to allow you to locate your picture via website or computer. Hope this helps.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooops....

Just to keep things completely honest, it turns out the bike has 2,854 miles, not a little over 1,500 as I previously stated. Still, way too low for a motorcycle of that age!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Do you plan on staying & riding some more now that your retired? What's that crap about selling your ride?:eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good questions SparkyD. Not sure that time was the reason I haven't been riding much. I'm a car guy also ('60Buick,'37Ford,'27Ford roadster) and am spending most of my time (and too much money) in that arena. Could use the money from the bike to pay down my credit card.....but then, what's the future in that?
Do you mean staying on the forum? If so, yes, (to the degree to which I stay on anything before life takes me somewhere else.)
I've been nosing around at the public profiles here, and I am noticing one thing for sure, all your guys' bikes are properly set up for serious cruising!

·
Administrator
13,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeet ride.So does the Honda parts slow that thing down? LOL

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome Robert. I think riding will keep you young! I was without a bike for about 19 years, selling my last one thinking I needed the money, but regretted it almost the next day. Finally, due to a generous father who couldn't ride anymore because of illness, he gave me his star 1100 and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice looking ride ValStar. ...and a very nice photo as well! Is that a location down under?

Well, I guess first things first. like getting the bike to run right. It sat for so long that the carbs junked up, so I took them apart, and meticulously cleaned them, put those Maxair pilot jet needles in (so I can grab them,) but can't get it to idle right, or roll-off/roll-on smoothly......so I guess I need to mosey over to the "tech" forum, and try to find out what I am doing wrong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts