Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site, and am pretty excited with the support I will find here. I'm also a newbie, my signature covers pretty much everything I think. I need to do something about my seat before my ass serves me and sues my, uh, head I guess.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I'm new to this site, and am pretty excited with the support I will find here. I'm also a newbie, my signature covers pretty much everything I think. I need to do something about my seat before my ass serves me and sues my, uh, head I guess.
You're not a newbie, you're a "seasoned and mature" motorcyclist:)

My vote is for the Ultimate seat, no if's and's or butts...:D:D:D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Iron butt or nothing. If you aren´t doing 2 to 4 hours in the saddle why change. Stock is fine if I keep the hours under 8 a day. The only change I made is to put on a sheepskin to stop the sweating onthose nice hot days.
Good luck with everything and welcome to the show.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm going thru the same thing with seat problems. I just ordered a gel pad from ebay. I'll put it under the cover and try that. Just too damm cheap to buy a seat. Well not cheap just affraid to spend 400 bucks and my ass hurts twice,one for the seat too hard and two for the dent in my pocket book.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iron butt or nothing. If you aren´t doing 2 to 4 hours in the saddle why change. Stock is fine if I keep the hours under 8 a day.
You're good. I did a 5 hour trip on monday. Started hurting after 2 hours, after that even 20-min breaks would only relieve for the first 5 minutes, then back to square one. The pain defeated much of the purpose of the last hours my trip...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
You're good. I did a 5 hour trip on monday. Started hurting after 2 hours, after that even 20-min breaks would only relieve for the first 5 minutes, then back to square one. The pain defeated much of the purpose of the last hours my trip...
G'Day Jeannot, welcome to the forum, good luck with the seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spent the bucks for the mustang seat to keep the wife happy. I made myself happy as well. I can now dismount after a couple hundred miles and not wait 5 minutes for my backside to wake up. The mustang seat is money well spent.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum jeannot. This is a great place for information and for plenty of laughs. I am a large man and believe that my ass is winning the battle with the seat.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome!

Do you have any pictures you can share of the left side (or both sides) of your bike? Your signature says "Invisible (relocated) ignition coils, (both bulges gone, knees cuddle with the tank now)," and I've never been crazy about the bicycle helmet-looking cover over the coils. I'd like to see how your bike looks now.

Where did you move the coils to?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Do you have any pictures you can share of the left side (or both sides) of your bike? Your signature says "Invisible (relocated) ignition coils, (both bulges gone, knees cuddle with the tank now)," and I've never been crazy about the bicycle helmet-looking cover over the coils. I'd like to see how your bike looks now.

Where did you move the coils to?
Turns out there was plenty of room in between the cylinders. I was concerned with the heat in there, but it turned out okay. I had to build a simple bracket, made from a (previously) straight piece of chrome metal from an old chair. See pic. Chrome helmet gone. The other side was taken care of with the BAK which is much thinner than the other chrome helmet.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When have you been able to ride long enough to find out?:D
As for myself I did 6 hours. I'd say the pain started after 3, the torture after 4, considering calling for the trailer after 5. I guess my head was harder than my butt, but the butt certainly holds a bigger grudge.

·
Registered
923 Posts
As for myself I did 6 hours. I'd say the pain started after 3, the torture after 4, considering calling for the trailer after 5. I guess my head was harder than my butt, but the butt certainly holds a bigger grudge.
As you might have noticed, we like to give each other a hard time around here. I would love to be able to get a good 3-4 hour ride in. But my gremlins seem to be putting a crimp in that.

You seen this guy?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You seen this guy?

I've met its cousins, because I do own a 220,000 miles Crown Vic.
My bike has a little under 2000 miles on it, so may be I'm just getting a free pass for now.
But I know I'll get to know him on a first name basis, and will qualify him with colored language eventually.

·
Registered
404 Posts
We did a 3-day ride last weekend, 475 miles total. The first day we went about 2 1/2 hours before we stopped, and we were starting to get sore, too. We're not used to riding that long at a stretch, we like to stop often but the couple that we were with just wanted to get there (maybe they were afraid their bike would break down...guess what they ride:D). By the third day, I think we were getting a little more used to it, I didn't seem as sore after 2 hours as I did on the first day.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts