Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a xvs 650 after 15 years being a goldwing rider, very pleased with the bike bought new jackets,gringo boots and helmets to look the part!!!
Cheers
Wings57

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the welcome guys don't have favorite road trip just like to ride. The secret of the caramel bar is....................they taste good.
Safe riding
Wings57

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome! Gotta say it seems unusual for someone to downgrade engine size so dramatically.... did you keep the Goldwing for touring or are you a single bike family?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sold the wing as not doing enough mileage on it had it 15years so time for a change. Xvs nice and light and handles really well this is the first cruiser I've had so you never know may change for bigger cruiser at sometime.. I am a fair weather biker so here in uk I only ride it for 6months, we have a weather problem!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome aboard wings57. I've got a similar weather issues a fair part of the year in the Pacific NW.

Being a new rider (with a XVS 650 also) I'm looking forward to the challange of riding in inclement weather with the exception of ice and snow.

Now that I ride, I think one of my bucket list items would be to tour the U.K. on a bike. I love all the history and charm of the villages and small towns that I only get to see on the telly.

It would be great to actually get to experience it first hand on a riding tour. Cheers

·
Registered
794 Posts
What part of England? I lived in Brighton for a while and spent most of my 2 year "working holiday maker" visa traveling all over the UK. (Favorite part was probably my stint in Belfast).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are in Staffordshire please feel free to drop by if ever you are in this country you would be more than welcome.
Cheers

·
Registered
317 Posts
Great North West

Welcome aboard wings57. I've got a similar weather issues a fair part of the year in the Pacific NW.

Being a new rider (with a XVS 650 also) I'm looking forward to the challange of riding in inclement weather with the exception of ice and snow.

Now that I ride, I think one of my bucket list items would be to tour the U.K. on a bike. I love all the history and charm of the villages and small towns that I only get to see on the telly.

It would be great to actually get to experience it first hand on a riding tour. Cheers
Hi Mrmercator, I live on Whidbey Is. and I saw the sun ah sometime this month:) But really we are luck to have 3 days straight of no rain let alone sun:eek: Don't forget the Oyster run, several of us NW riders are planing on getting together for the day I think it is coming up in Sept I believe, come join us should be fun..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts