Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Duncan here from calgary ab, just sold my 2004 warrior, and want to buy a roadliner. Here I am for advice! Looks like a great forum.

Cheers,
Duncan

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome. All I can say is you can't go wrong with a liner.They rock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so, I am incredibly fearfull of the third gear issue however(one of the main reasons I am here)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :) I don't have a liner, but my third gear will get me to about 70mph :eek:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I was stranded in Calgary once. The tranny went out on my truck, they had to ship one down from Edmonton, it was a holiday weekend, and they sent the wrong one. Wound up spending 3 days there.

Ok, that has nothing to do with motorcycles:rolleyes: but you're from Calgary and that made me think of the one time I was there. Nice town.

Welcome.:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was stranded in Calgary once. The tranny went out on my truck,
Did you lose 3rd gear? :D

Anyway, welcome to the bored! ;)

Want my advice? Too bad, you're getting it anyway! Take the money from the Warrior and buy a Liner! (Get a black one, it's the fastest color!!)

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Hey all,
Here I am for advice!
Cheers,
Duncan
I'm so glad you asked for advice. Pay close attention:

"Buy low. Sell high":D

But seriously

...the "dreaded 3rd gear" issue imo has been over-hyped. Taking the long view of the large population of happy Strat owners starting with '06's and subsequent, the incidence of third gear failures has been very low.

I grant that if it happens to you it becomes of paramount importance. Even if I weren't a very happy '07 Strat S owner pushing 30,000 trouble-free miles on the clock, and had read all the 3rd gear threads while doing due diligence, I would still buy one.

Good luck with your decision:)

PS- Do stay away from blue, black, silver and gray Stratoliners unless you're purchasing it to use as a static display only:D

PPS- And just why does everybody in Calgary stampede?:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts