Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members. I found this site while searching for starter components for my 2002 V-Star 1100 Classic. I am hoping to have a more bulletproof starting system once I replace the damaged parts, and I have been reading a lot on here about the problems improper starting and poor design have played in starter clutch failure. Once the parts arrive, I'll be tearing it apart.

Thanks for a great forum. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. Once you fixed the 1100, send us some pics of it. Corsair is our resident expert on the 1100s. In fact, if youll be kind enough to include some bbq gator recipes, ill bet he would be glad to help answer any technical questions you may have about the 1100. Ride safe and post often.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi members. I found this site while searching for starter components for my 2002 V-Star 1100 Classic. I am hoping to have a more bulletproof starting system once I replace the damaged parts, and I have been reading a lot on here about the problems improper starting and poor design have played in starter clutch failure. Once the parts arrive, I'll be tearing it apart.

Thanks for a great forum. :)
Welcome, puttin together a 2001 myself....:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well, I have only been "lurking" for a few days- since I started to look for parts to fix the starter problem. I hear Corsair is the 1100 expert, so I wanted to ask your professional opinion. I have ordered a kit from Ebay, and I am wondering about the damper, which I just discovered I had today. Do I need to replace the damper, or with the other parts new, and a newer model starter, should I be OK? I also learned how to properly start the bike I have had for 3 years. I know I am to blame for some of the starter clutch damage.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you on board and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Richard, you should ask your questions in the vstar forum. This way you'll get more people seeing them and get more answers. To answer your question, I would change out the damper also. This way you know you have new parts in the system. If you starting the bike in a not so good way, the damper took it's toll also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts