Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Diane but I am called Zoom by those that know me through the two groups I ride with.

I started riding in 2008 on a Vstar Classic but now ride a '09 950T that I bought new in July '09.

I also ride the Darkside but I know that is a sticky subject most places so I am not here to talk about or try to sell my idea of what is or isn't cool, it is just what I do!

I've ridden the Tail of the Dragon a few times since it is kinda in my back door.

I have ridden to WV and to FL a few times, I really enjoy traveling with my husband "Katchup". ;)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard Zoom.Nice pic. Don't worry about the dark side we're all cool here just run what you brung. Hey it's you bike.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome from West TN. I will be riding in your backyard in May. Riding in on the Cherohola (sp?), Staying at the Two Wheel Inn, riding the Tail, Moonshiner 28, and Blue Ridge Parkway over to Ashville. Then riding the Parkway back over to Gatlinburg over the Smokies. I'm very excited. Any tips for the area?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any tips for the area?
Come expecting to have a blast! Some of the best riding in our area seems to be on your agenda to cover. Beautiful scenery so hope you have enough time to stop and take a look because you don't want to be looking too much while moving, those mountain sides go really far down. :D

Cherohala is awesome, the Dragon is ok in my book, I been there did that a few times and if I ever go back that will be ok, if I don't I can live with that too. If you get a chance, Maggie Valley is nice, but sounds like you got a great trip planned.

If you get INTO Gatlinburg, it can be very very slow moving and hot.

Have fun!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!
Great picture, it sums it all up nicely, warm sunny day, curve apex, big wave and an even bigger grin, all good!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome! Sugar Bear hopes you join us, and really be a part of this outfit:) Many say "HI" and then we never see or hear from them again:( The regular folks here are solid:cool: Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the welcomes! Today after my husband got home from work, after dinner he decided to mow so that we would have tomorrow to enjoy. I needed to ride so I took a late evening ride by myself. It was nice, I enjoy late evening rides to just feel the cool wind in my face, I didn't go far, maybe about 20 miles but it felt good, because see, I just got my bike back from the shop, it had been there five and a half weeks. I have a drive pulley bearing go out. I have some riding to make up! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts