Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a nice, low mileage '07 1300 Tourer yesterday. I wasn't expecting much as the pictures posted online weren't the best. Dang, big surprise when I looked and i wasted no time gathering her up and taking her home.

It has quite a few mods/accessories including batwing fairing, driving/spot lights, 4 speaker Kenwood stereo, Cobra exhaust, some sort of LEDs illuminating the engine (currently disconnected), engine guards, and more things that have yet been discovered.

I am totally unfamiliar with this bike but won't stay that way as I do my own wrenching, so let the learning begin!

Y'all have a great day

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here in Quebec, modified exhausts are illegal no matter how silent. This way, it's easy for a cop to give a ticket and no need to use any instruments to measure the noise level. The fine is 300 dollars plus fees. Lots of bikers rant and rave about it. My bike has stock mufflers and I like the sound of stock mufflers. I hate it when bikers go roaring past me when I am on my bike or in my car....they startle me each time. I admit that when I was a kid, I did put pieces of cardboard in the spokes of my bicycles but I quit that trend when I was a teenager.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank y'all for the welcome! Already picking up lots of good stuff here. :smile:

Here in Quebec, modified exhausts are illegal no matter how silent. This way, it's easy for a cop to give a ticket and no need to use any instruments to measure the noise level. The fine is 300 dollars plus fees. Lots of bikers rant and rave about it. My bike has stock mufflers and I like the sound of stock mufflers. I hate it when bikers go roaring past me when I am on my bike or in my car....they startle me each time. I admit that when I was a kid, I did put pieces of cardboard in the spokes of my bicycles but I quit that trend when I was a teenager.
I generally prefer unmolested street bikes, but the Cobra pipes on this one sound incredible.

Sounds like you need to come to Florida. No place is perfect, but life is pretty decent here.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,502 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee GreyWolf! What a nice intro complete with pics! Looks like you’ll have a permanent grin cruising around on that bad boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good stuff there, thanks!!

Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee GreyWolf! What a nice intro complete with pics! Looks like you’ll have a permanent grin cruising around on that bad boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you much. Did 200 miles with the Big Bend Southern Cruisers today. OMG it was awesome!!! Even in the rain! :grin:

Attachments

·
2,520 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Nice bike!

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You in the Tallahassee Area?? I am in the Southern Cruisers. Forgotten Coast crew.
Somehow I missed your post but I reckon we got that covered. :smile:

Will likely ride with y'all on Saturday. Unless I get tagged again. :frown:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts