Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself - I am Taz (short for Tazeen). I have a 2008 1100 V Star Classic - her name is Maxine. I love to ride. I guess you could say it is my stress release. But then again, since I work at the Happiest place on earth how could I have stress. Well anyway - I do have a question. I was reading some of the threads and ran across the one with the hard to start problem. Maxine is like that. I bought her in MI in 08 - and had some problems there - but nothing like here. She came with slip on's and I was advised I did not need to get it re-jetted. But I just had that done - thinking that would help - it did not - but she does run better. However, back to the question (as you can tell I ramble on and on and on...) oh the question - someone advised or asked if the individual turned the pitcock off after turning the engine off. Do I have to do that everytime I stop to fill up with gas???? Love any suggestions. Ok I will sign off now. ByeBye:D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i might be. My name is SparkyD, thats short for SparkyD. You didn't mention where that 'happy workplace' is? McDonalds?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome Taz! Coming from Mickey's House or Harry Potter's? :)

On the issue with hard starting, I have heard a number of V Star owners using Seafoam to clear their carbs up. I'm not sure why you have to go to the "off" position when you're only stopped long enough to fuel. I turn my fuel valve to the "off" position if I know I'll be stopped for long periods only.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The fuel cock deal is bogus. I leave mine "ON" all the time except when needed to refuel. That is an old thing from the leaky Harley days. Clean your carbs really well with Sea Foam and maybe replace your sparkplug with a hotter one. You should be ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone - thanks for the advise on the Sea Foam and the spark plug. One would think that would have been changed out with the 22,000 mile check up - but it was not. Will let you know how Maxine handles the Sea.
And I get it on the Taz short for Tazeene - funny.
And the Happiest place on earth is of course none other than Mickey's house - or as I like to call it - I work for the "Rat" haha!! But seriously - I am one of the lucky ones to work in a good area with great management - boy am I glad they can't/don't subscribe to this forum. Anyway - thanks again - will let you know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hidy from a former Disney World Cast Member (lol at what they call an employee). I actually miss that job, just couldn't hack the city life.

Frank

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome you can call me ray or you can call me jay oh flash back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts