Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for letting me join. I'm looking forward to learning about my vstar 650 custom and how to keep her in top shape. I've only been riding over a year and my first bike Honda rebel. Just traded her in for a 05 yahama. I put around 7,000 miles on the rebel took her to Alabama and back. My rebel was my first love and intrest in bikes now I love the rumble of the v-twin.

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us here and anxious to read your posts and see pics of the 650. My first Yamaha was a 650 and learned a lot from it. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 650 is one sweet ride and you'll get many years of fun out of it. But, you may end up with a bad case of CCitiss and then.... Don't be shy to ask any question you may have. The folks on here love to talk bike, share stories and even give a straight answer or two once in a while.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice ride, and thanks for posting the pics with your intro. Corsair is correct, the 650 is a great ride, however i caught ccitis and traded mine in on a 950t. Folks here do love their bikes, and as a new member you should qualify for a free BBQ recipe from the great white north. See Corsair for that info. Ride safe and post often!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Michigander and fairly new member also. My current ride is also a V-Star 650, I think it's an excellent bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ccitis I think I will enjoy catching that. I'm in the process of dressing up this bike first. Hey I've put fringe left over from my rebel and new crash bars. I love reading about bikes. I wrench on my bike myself. I do have a bf but we bump heads on how to fix things. So I do it myself mostly. With the Honda rebel he kept telling me u can't add this or that it won't fit. Well modify it and it fit. My rebel was done up sharp and I loved her but he keep on teasing me about how small my bike was I told him trade it in then. But I picked out the bike I picked the yahama custom because it was the lightest. I'm 5'1" and I can handle my new love just fine. I told my bf I can understand how a person can love a motorcycle more than there other half. I also help my dad who 81 wrench on rust buckets bringing them back from the grave. So I love talking motorcycle I will ask questions if needed. I know if I read enough of this forum my answers are here. Thank you guys for the warm welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts