Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. I'm a new member here, and I just recently got my second bike, a 2008 V-Star 650 Classic. The thing is, I waited 25 or so years between my first bike, a POS 1973 Honda CB350-Four, and this one. So I guess this is my first grown-up bike, and I consider myself pretty much a newby.

I only have about 100 miles on the new ride, so I'm still getting a feel for it. I plan on taking an MSF new rider course in the next few weeks.

I'm really enjoying the forum so far. I found some information here that led me to the so-called crumb-cup mod, which I did on what I think are the HK Stripper pipes that were on the bike when I got it.

I'm more of a lurker than an active poster, but I'd be willing to bet that I'll have a question or two....or three....or four as I get to know the new (to me) bike.

Scott

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome Scott! By all means, take the MSF course. Not only is the course very informative but it's a whole lot of fun too. Feel free to ask the forum if you have any questions relating to your V Star 650. This group of Yamaha riders and enthusiasts are more than generous with their time and expertise. I've learned a lot just reading prevous and current post. Happy Independence Day!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from Washington State (the good Washington)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Gaijin. I'm looking forward to being able to soak up some of knowledge and expertise here on the forum.
Welcome to the forum Scott, nice ride that will give miles and miles of riding fun. I have been looking for that Knowledge & expertise for a long time too:eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard Scott.You have landed in the right place. Nice lookin scoot very good choice.The safety course is a very good idea.Sit back and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm a new member here, and I just recently got my second bike, a 2008 V-Star 650 Classic. The thing is, I waited 25 or so years between my first bike, a POS 1973 Honda CB350-Four, and this one. So I guess this is my first grown-up bike, and I consider myself pretty much a newby.

I only have about 100 miles on the new ride, so I'm still getting a feel for it. I plan on taking an MSF new rider course in the next few weeks.

I'm really enjoying the forum so far. I found some information here that led me to the so-called crumb-cup mod, which I did on what are think are the HK Stripper pipes that were on the bike when I got it.

I'm more of a lurker than an active poster, but I'd be willing to bet that I'll have a question or two....or three....or four as I get to know the new (to me) bike.

Scott
G'Day Scott and welcome, our stories are very similar. Last year bought a VStar 650 after 25 plus years on bush bikes so I consider myself a newbie too. Hope you enjoy the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts