Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently joined because my son bought a 2010 V-Star 650 Classic that needs quite a bit of TLC. I've been riding & wrenching for 40+ years and I've restored a few bikes. This will be his first project so I'll help him as much as I can, but I haven't worked on a V-Star and I'm sure we'll often be turning to this forum. 馃憤

Registered
If it is running you have it 90% as it sits, I have a 650 classic with 145,000 miles on it . If you take care of those they will run for a long time.
This is a good place for OEM parts , ( Partzilla).

Also you will need these

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it is running you have it 90% as it sits, I have a 650 classic with 145,000 miles on it . If you take care of those they will run for a long time.
This is a good place for OEM parts , ( Partzilla).

Also you will need these
Thanks! This one has only about 25000 miles so it's good to know it has some legs yet. We have an electrical gremlin that we haven't started troubleshooting so we'll be making good use of that wiring diagram as our first task.

Registered
Welcome from Rochester NY and another 650 owner. Getting your bike roadworthy will be rewarding and worth it all after your first trip. Do check all the drive splines for proper grease as they often get overlooked for service. Otherwise, you can expect good advice from many helpful forum members. Visit often and keep us updated on the progress. Your classic appears to be mostly stock. Happy trails!

Registered
Welcome from Columbus, OH! I believe my family has history in Nova Scotia. My cousin, before his passing traced our family history to there. My grand mother on my dads side has had a family reunion there for many many years. He attended the 2011 reunion but passed away before he was able to complete his research. I guess at some point in our family history we were 鈥淛acobites鈥 and exiled from Scotland to Nova Scotia. Stop by often. A bunch of good information here!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from Columbus, OH! I believe my family has history in Nova Scotia. My cousin, before his passing traced our family history to there. My grand mother on my dads side has had a family reunion there for many many years. He attended the 2011 reunion but passed away before he was able to complete his research. I guess at some point in our family history we were 鈥淛acobites鈥 and exiled from Scotland to Nova Scotia. Stop by often. A bunch of good information here!
Agree on this site being a good source of information. I've been working the search engine pretty hard. :)

Pier 21 in Halifax, Nova Scotia was Canada's version of Ellis Island way back when. Many immigrants came through here and a few stayed around, like some of your family and mine. As you likely know, Nova Scotia is Latin for New Scotland, so you could have many distant relatives here. My ancestors emigrated from Ireland in the 1760s.

Registered
Welcome from Ontario!
The 650 is a rock solid bike, mines 21 this year.

Still lots of parts around both new and used.

We are all here to help if you have questions.

Reactions: This Old Chuck

Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring,
Hello @This Old Chuck and welcome from Virginia. Let your son join too if he is old enough. We do act immature ourselves at times...

Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring,
By the way, I just caught myself envying your garage/shop. Not only the work space, but the GW and the two transformer bikes too...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
By the way, I just caught myself envying your garage/shop. Not only the work space, but the GW and the two transformer bikes too...
Thanks! I designed & built my garage in 2009. It's only 16' x 24' but pretty well equipped. It's too full since I emptied the basement of my house for renovations. I'll get that space back in a couple of months.

The GW is my daily rider and the transformers belong to my wife (CB300F) and son (CB500F). There's also a 1986 Z50R in a couple of those shots. It's the most fun of all. :)

Registered
Welcome from Kentucky! I have an '07 V Star 650 Custom and an '08 Raider S. Haven't really gotten to get the Raider broken in yet but I've got about 15k miles on the V Star and it's running like a gem. Happy to have you here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts