1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather's nice huh? Well that has made me buy another toy :]
Going to pick this up next Sat after I return from a business trip:

2007 V Star Silverado
She is kind of neglected right now, but I will change all that around as soon as she is in my possession. Also planning on removing the screen and bags. Then the tinkering may begin..

What happens when I tinker?

This will be my second road bike (37) with my previous being a 98 VFR800. So going from sport touring to cruiser will be a little bit of change for me but I think Ill still have a good time!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!
Nice tinker'n! Maybe it's the color but that lil pick-up truck looks fast! What am I saying? Of course it's fast BECAUSE it's blue. A matching color silverado would look equally as sweet.

By the way, I can hardley notice the small twist in the front bumper near the right side headlight.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome Ken! Good job on getting a pic in your 1st post! That will likely keep your welcome messages short because a few of our resident clowns won't know what to say now! :)

So, um, is that your blue trike too?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no sir!! Not my Trike LOL.. Current owners are ummmmm hefty and not very mobile.. As for the pictures.. Im in no way new to forums. Between s10 forums, paintball forums (avid player, and gun collector) and now another bike forum.. Well, you get the picture.

I just cant wait til I can pick her up and CLEAN her.. She is so neglected!
So, I will be cleaning top to bottom (what can and cant I do as far as degreaser on the motor?) I dont want to damage the chrome!!!!

Oil, filter, air filter and plugs will be changed. Should I get into the rear hub lube as well? Should mention the bike has 15k on it when asking for service recommendations. Current owner says he has changed the gear lube once.

Id really like to get rid of the floor boards and change to pegs BUT cash is kind of tight for mods right now. We will see if I can get use to the floorboards.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:) If your doing a full custom, would be nice if you gave us pic updates throughout the process
Me like pictures

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome Ken! Good job on getting a pic in your 1st post! That will likely keep your welcome messages short because a few of our resident clowns won't know what to say now! :)

uh uh uh uh uh ..................uh uh uh uh uh ....... Welcome to the forum Ken.Nice truck and nice project bike very good start.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts