Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had a V-Star 1100 (2003, Custom) for about 2 years now, but only got to ride for one. But it was in Florida, and it was new to me, so I didn't do much mechanically with it.

But now I've been stationed in the UK, and they have these long periods of cold and wet they call "winter" and I think I'll miss the riding, but I'll also have a bit of time to do mechanical stuff to my bike.

Specifically, I'm not mechanically familiar with these bikes much yet (I've just done the brakes and a bit of fuel system work on them) but I'll be doing a carb rebuild shortly, and probably that starter clutch if it ever starts acting up. Oh, and steering stem bearings, which means I'll have the whole front end off.

I actually signed up because I had some minor questions about the carbs, which I haven't even opened up yet, but I saw some threads that had questions that I can answer, so I wanted to not only get some info, but give some, as well.

Looking forward to it. The forums and the tinkering.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome to the forum from southwestern PA. Unfortunately we have those long cold periods also. This is a great place to share and gain information. Look forward to your posts and any pics you may want to share.

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Hi Capt, welcome and you've picked a great place to learn and share. Let's see some pics of that 1100. Ride safely!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts