Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ladies and gents,
I've been a member here for quite some time but haven't activated my account yet so thought I'd do that so I can post if I want. I've been ridding something with 2 wheels most of my life. I currently have a 07 Roadliner Midnight. 21" raider front wheel, R-6 rotors, progressive springs, gold valve emulators and a custom wraparound steel fender up front. Bucks lowers with lexan cut to a shape I like better, Wide open customs fairing with stereo and amp, clearview re-curve Harley shield, risers, +2 brake cables, GPS with ram mount, Ultimate seats with back rest, Kury passenger boards powder coated black, Mustang fender bib for the solo look, lay down plate holder, PCS lowering bones with progressive spring, back wheel painted black to match front and Tsukayu Strong hard bags. Here's a pic or two. LCH
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to the insanity! :D Nice looking ride you got there...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome bike, I'm going for a similar look on my 06 midnight. May I ask how you painted your rear wheel? Did you do it yourself if so what paint did you use? I'm plannin to make mine black over the winter not sure how yet, I'm looking into painting or plasti dip myself, ideas/suggestions appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!

tbudke22, I found my Raider wheel (front) on ebay and it was already powder coated so I thought no problem I'll just get the back one coated to match...wrong. When the wheel got here it was this cool matte black finish that the local guys didn't recognize and they couldn't match it. My brother in law does most of my painting and he took a look at it and said he thought he could. It was tricky getting a match but he did it. He used automotive paint with a clearcoat and it has held up great. I built a stand out of 2x4's and plywood so he could shoot it. That's how I wound up painting the back wheel and the front is powder coated. You really can't tell the difference. I'm not familiar with the plastic dip so don't know there. The tire changer guys don't like the black wheels, they're afraid of scratching them but I've yet to have a problem. They just have to be a little more careful.
Thanks again! LCH

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's the bike I dream of owning. NICE!
A buddy and I just drove up through the Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway last weekend. EPIC TRIP. You have some beautiful country up there! Welcome.

BacknSaddle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's the bike I dream of owning. NICE!
A buddy and I just drove up through the Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway last weekend. EPIC TRIP. You have some beautiful country up there! Welcome.

BacknSaddle
Thanks!
Yes, some awesome roads here all over the state.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts