Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!

I am from Winnipeg, Manitoba and have a 98 V-Star Custom 650.

It unfortunately has been sitting for for to long now and is time for rebuilds or repairs so that ether my wife has her way with the bike (Bye Bye) or I have mine (Open Road).

Hoping to find some info here on my first major problem, carbs that need MAJOR cleaning, then see what else the bike needs once I am past that.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow canuck. I can see that you have not read the rule book of newbies. The pic police from further out west from Winterpeg will get on your A#$ if you don't read it. I'll help you out. On page 34089 para 2324 sub para c states that "members that have a wife that wants her way with the bike (Bye Bye) or riders that have thiers (Open Road) shall post pics of thier ride".

The other rules you can read later; but this one is the most important one to this guy;)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow canuck. I can see that you have not read the rule book of newbies. The pic police from further out west from Winterpeg will get on your A#$ if you don't read it. I'll help you out. On page 34089 para 2324 sub para c states that "members that have a wife that wants her way with the bike (Bye Bye) or riders that have thiers (Open Road) shall post pics of thier ride".

The other rules you can read later; but this one is the most important one to this guy;)
Here, here I second that!
Welcome aboard! Greetings from Ontario!:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well seeing as I broke a rule I went looking thru my photos, and nothing that would be worth sharing came up, I have been taking photos as my uncle and I work on it, but they are all the "this is what that part should look like later" type.

Once we get it reassembled I will be happy to correct the infraction, just might have to give me a bit of time to do that!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Can you get a 3/4 gallon (oops :eek: i mean 2.84 litre) carb/parts cleaner with basket? That would make things a whole lot easier for a thourogh cleaning of those carbs.:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard.+1 what Sparkyd stated.I guess we will let you slide on the pic infraction this one time,but don't let it happen again.lol Keep up to date with the progress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Myore, I'm a newbie too. Try going to the forums under the Technical Info heading, then to Engine Work, then to "Jetting Carb:Where to Start." then see the link that linerdave posted. It is for 1100 carbs, but I am sure (?) much of the stuff is the same or similar. There is a ton of relevant stuff there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts