Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I just purchased a new (yes still new) 2009 Vstar 950. 48 hours old and got about 100 miles on it...all while working full time. Loving it so far and came from sport bikes/standards. Now if I could just get used to the scraping floorboards.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome Timmer357. I am pretty new also. This is a great site with some really friendly riders. Nice bike. Think you will enjoy the cruiser once you get the sport bike out of your system. Welcome

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Greetings. I just purchased a new (yes still new) 2009 Vstar 950.

Well it won't be new very long if you let it roll out in the street like that!:rolleyes:

So when are you taking it back to the dealer for the finish coats of paint to cover the black primer?:D:D:D

Welcome:)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

You now own a blank canvas, enjoy creating your bike!

Not sure why Yamaha insists on using a gloss primer?? Don't they know you have to remove the gloss before you put on a REAL color :D:D

We joke around some, in case you haven't noticed. :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

I've been on the boards a while but, I just recently made the switch from a Naked/Sportbike to my Strat S and floorboards scraping is very disconcerting. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
We must have had the same dream. I just bought a brand new 2009 950 V Star - my first yamaha. Love 'er. It's nice to be in the wind on this hunny! I found those floorboards in a couple of curves myself, will have to be doing some adjusting to my riding style on those cloverleafs and hills for sure! Now, all I have to do is learn how to load pics here.... Nice to be here, looking forward to participating

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome to the Forum !.

And for the YL that can't figure out how to post pics, see the little paper clippy looking icon in the reply message window, to the right of the white smiley face, you hit this, and another (GUI) window opens up, you then browse to the folder your pictures are in, they should already be ready for posting, such as being small enough, don't try posting those typical multi megabyte digital cam pictures, you got to shrink them down to something like 800 x 600 and around a 100K so it don't take a week to upload and another week for some others to look at them. Hope this helps. And again, welcome to the group. There are a bunch of real charactors onboard this forum, fun and always ready to take a shot at a funny. So enjoy !.

Duane, Eldersburg Maryland.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Most recent picture of my new bike also.

As Springer was joking, this is my double VSTAR, Aka, Strat S with all the goodies UPS has delivered so far lol. More to come.
This New 07 had .1 on the odometer at the dealer on the 5th of last month, just hit 3200 hundred on the way to work this am.

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
No doubt about it, they are a great starter bike...:)

I figure when I can't handle the weight of my Strat I'll divide the engine in half. Then I'll have "his" and "hers" 925's...:D:D:D
Hmmmm... I wonder what a 927 single would sound like. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, rough crowd :)

Seriously all I have planned right now is drilling out the exhaust and a short sissy bar. Would love to find a chin spoiler for it but seems tough... The 950 will be plenty once I break it in and can romp on it. Love that the floorboard skid plates are replaceable.

Little apprehensive about the exhaust mod. Just not confident in my skills.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be.

...and don't worry about those nut cases. They are envious of our faster black bikes :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts