Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm from Quebec Canada, I owned a lot of bikes in the past 12 years, but never a cruiser. I stumbled across what appear to be a good deal for a V-star. My father passed away from cancer 2 years ago and he had a 2003 yamaha vstar classic, the exact same bike has the deal I saw. I'm a bit nostalgic when I see this bike...

The bike is 1200$ with 46000 miles 2003, only one owner, a woman. The bike was maintained at the same dealer every year in spring, around 3500-4000 miles a year. The current tires are almost new (2000 miles on them) michelin commander II.

The bike has a couple of extra : windshield, crash bar, 12v connector, cobra slipon + original, saddlebag, passenger back rest, bike cover. Everything seem to be in perfect condition with bills to back them out.

The starter was changed for an heavy duty one.

Cosmetic it's perfect.

Anything I should be worried about? What are the known issue of the 2003 v-star?

The bike is set at a price to go, it need to be gone before Friday (she's moving)

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you feel its a fair deal and your satisfied go for it. Look at KBB for high and low prices with the specs and add ons. Always offer a lower price. You can always go up. IMHO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Almost new tires cost, ask for maintenance records and check mileage with dates. Otherwise it sounds like a good deal. Does it have a clear title and is it in hand?

·
Registered
794 Posts
It's a steal! I would jump on it and if you find later that there are some minor issues you saved more than enough money on the purchase price to fix the (potential) problems.... The motor is rock solid and should run for another 100k as long as you do basic maintenance :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome from southwestern PA. Congrats. You never told us what model. Sounds like you got a great deal to me. Now like Keith said, post up some pics for us to see. If bike was at dealer every year then should be no problems. Just remember when starting, do not use throttle. Can cause engine to kick back and possibly take out starter clutch. One other note, remember to lube drive splines when ya change yer rear tire, or bout every 10,000 miles or so. Other than that, just ride it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts