Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since its getting cold here I'll be putting my bike up for the winter, but I wanted to modify it before spring. I don't know a whole lot about bikes and was told I should add a baron BAK for enhanced performance and I wanted to change out the stock exhaust.... Any advice or info on what's best (why) and how to go about it would be wonderful! BTW I've been riding 3 years and traded my gz250 in for this vstar 950 this past spring and so far I'm loving it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome from southwestern PA. Nice ride ya got there. And thanks fer the pic. There are a few other ladies here that I'm sure will be very glad you've joined also. Any mods you do to your ride will go a long way to making the bike "yours". Unique. So go with what you would like your ride to be. I ride an 1100 Classic so I couldn't tell ya what's available for you machine, but there are many here who do ride the 950 and I'm sure you will be hearing from them shortly. Good luck in yer endeavor to personalize yer ride.

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. I own an 09' 950 tourer. I've added a cobra slip-on muffler, a cobra fi2ooor fuel processor and a XXX LA choppers open air filter kit. Really woke up the motor. I added a Memphis shades batwing fairing and ride it as often as possible weather permitting. You can go from mild to wild on the 950's. Make sure you shop around though. I saved $600 by doing so. Glad you're with us, and ride safely!

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys :) I love the ideas and bikes.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey nice to have another girl aboard this forum. Your ride is beautiful! Do you like how it handles? Guys are great and lend lots of help when it comes to mods, etc. They seem to be able to share knowledge about bikes easily. I, too, own a 950. It is a great bike and I enjoy adding a few mods, also. Hopefully will do more over the winter months. Unfortunately, the colder weather is here. My bike will soon be on the lift for now. Ride safe and post often~YammyV

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I love how its been handling, tho I'd like a 6th gear XD but other than that its great! I plan on customizing it this whole winter since I can't ride it haha

·
Super Moderator
13,073 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious as to why? I kinda just stumbled upon it lol

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome Jessie! It is indeed nice to see more ladies on the forum, woot! Love the new bags I saw you picked up in another post, they look awesome! I scored a pair of silverado leather bags for my Roadstar this past summer and had to order all the hardware but totally worth it.

You are going to love the Yamaha - such great bikes. And the guys (and gals) here are awesome and very willing to share their knowledge!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much for the welcome! Yeah those bags were a lucky find I just need to clean them up a bit and add guards and rails ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts