Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just purchased a 08 roadliner midnight 5000 miles and its loaded with accessories which i probably will be selling some of the stuff.I have been riding for 20+ years and I have been a Gen 1 vmax owner for 10+ years and a member of the VMOA and love the vmax my current v max is a custom and powered by a PCW 1500cc motor and i myself have been bitten bad by the Mod Monkey with this bike. I will say this that the roadliner will be blacked out so any advice on exhaust i will say i am looking hard at the black Hard Krome Res-Tec 3. Thanks JIM from Pa:)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow liner rider. You will enjoy the liner as much as the the vmax.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Unfortunately, no advice will be offered to newbies that haven't read the rule book. The most important rule is that newbs will post a pic of their
ride(s); you can read the other rules later ;).

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get lots of good info about what you want to do with the roady, cheers.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome and don't worry too much about the picture nazi's, if you stick around i'm sure you'll eventually get motivated to let us see a pic of your ride(s):D

·
Registered
58 Posts
+1 on the pic rule....show me yours...and I'll show you mine...lol:cool: oh...and bye the bye...welcome!

·
Administrator
13,705 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
How does that work for heat? If I just powder coat with black ceramic, do I then wrap or are they just like my chrom ones cause I'm thinking I'll have to remove heat shield.. thanks

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Just like the chrome process each piece is treated as an idividual. It would basically be braking down your chrome exhaust to individual pieces then taking all the pieces thru the powdercoating process. I'm sure you could powdercoat the heat shields too and then reassemble as per your liking:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts