Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined forum. Have been riding most of my life. Have a 2015 V Star 950 Tourer that I bought in May of 2014 with 600 miles. My other bike is a 1979 Yamaha XS 1100 Standard with 39,000 miles. It is a bit uncomfortable to ride 2 up, so bought the V Star so wife could go along comfortably. Have been very pleased with it. Hope to get some help from all of you on some upgrades. Thanks. :smile:

·
2,518 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. The 950 is a nice ride and we have many members who have them and love them. You came to the right place for help and advice. This is a very active forum with lots of friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable people. Love to see a pic of your bikes when you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,499 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Hi Tropic-al!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Sounds like you have a great pair of bikes. Wife and I each ride a 950. What upgrades you looking to do, and yes on pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! I also have a 950. I added OEM passing lamps and a Run/ Turn/ Brake kit which really helps light up the back of the bike. I also added LED headlight and LED's for the turn and brake lights. I want to get a new seat and a slightly taller windshield but that may have to wait until the snow starts flying in a few months.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! I also have a 950. I added OEM passing lamps and a Run/ Turn/ Brake kit which really helps light up the back of the bike. I also added LED headlight and LED's for the turn and brake lights. I want to get a new seat and a slightly taller windshield but that may have to wait until the snow starts flying in a few months.
You had to use the "S" word?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Greetings Tropic-al, and a very warm welcome to you from Fogo Island, Newfoundland! I don't think one can go too far wrong with any of the Yamaha cruiser models these days! I have been riding a 2014 650 Custom for the past five summers, and my other ride is a 2014 Honda CB500FA. (naked roadster) I'm looking forward to reading many more posts from you... and let's see some pictures!!

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all who answered!!

Thanks for welcoming me. This and the XS 1100 are the only forums I belong to. Not to good with computer stuff so it takes time to get used to posting things. Had a hard time trying to get my bikes signature posted on. Posting pictures has always been a hassle!! Sorry.
Ride mostly on weekends with VJMC group. The 950 with wife to go for breakfast, lunch or dinner ride. Do my own maintenance on both bikes and like to keep them in top shape.
Hopefully I can add something for the group.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts