Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2008 Strat S in mint condition a few weeks ago. Spent some time polishing the chrome up to 'specs' ;) , changing oil, and such, and have only had a few days on her. What an awesome machine!
Spent the other day riding with about 8 friends, all on various Harley's. They all asked about it, and one guy said "how much coin did you have to spend on all Thea chrome?". When I told him it was standard, his jaw dropped. After some fun runs through the country, the guy who was following me on his Roadking (98 cu in) said " dang son! I gave it all I had and still couldn't keep up with you! That thing flies!" when I told him I was holding back, he just shook his head.
All I've done to her is a K&N, and I drilled out the stock exhaust (followed by the Linerwiki fuel adjustment) and she flies. If anyone is interested, i'll post how I drilled out the exhaust. It was easy, and while it has more crack now when you roll the throttle, it's not loud at all, especially when cruising.

Glad to be hanging w/y'all!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Lizard, Lizard, Lizard, Great to here that your HD buddies envy your ride but! You obviously spent to much time shinning the chrome and no time reading the newbie rule book.

On page 69604, para 3425 sub para 546 sub sub X states that "all Charlottians that ride a Strat S shall post pics of their bike before riding with HD friends". I don't make the rules up, some guy from Washington state does that :). He barks loud but he don't bite.

Welcome to this wacky forum. Hope you have a sense of humour; heck you must you ride with HD guys :D. Don't be shy and post often.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lizard, Lizard, Lizard, Great to here that your HD buddies envy your ride but! You obviously spent to much time shinning the chrome and no time reading the newbie rule book.

On page 69604, para 3425 sub para 546 sub sub X states that "all Charlottians that ride a Strat S shall post pics of their bike before riding with HD friends". I don't make the rules up, some guy from Washington state does that :). He barks loud but he don't bite.

Welcome to this wacky forum. Hope you have a sense of humour; heck you must you ride with HD guys :D. Don't be shy and post often.
LOL! You had me going there for a minute. ("Newbie Rules? How did I miss that??"):eek:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I bought a used 2008 Strat S in mint condition a few weeks ago. Spent some time polishing the chrome up to 'specs' ;) , changing oil, and such, and have only had a few days on her. What an awesome machine!
Spent the other day riding with about 8 friends, all on various Harley's. They all asked about it, and one guy said "how much coin did you have to spend on all Thea chrome?". When I told him it was standard, his jaw dropped. After some fun runs through the country, the guy who was following me on his Roadking (98 cu in) said " dang son! I gave it all I had and still couldn't keep up with you! That thing flies!" when I told him I was holding back, he just shook his head.
All I've done to her is a K&N, and I drilled out the stock exhaust (followed by the Linerwiki fuel adjustment) and she flies. If anyone is interested, i'll post how I drilled out the exhaust. It was easy, and while it has more crack now when you roll the throttle, it's not loud at all, especially when cruising.

Glad to be hanging w/y'all!
Welcome to the 4M, we're gald to have another Strato fanatic here with us.

If you post the D.I.Y. steps on the muffler drilling, I will add the link to it in the modification finder thread. You should start that thread in either the "modifications" section or in the "Roadliner/Stratoliner" section, I'll find it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts