Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2007 V-Star Tourer to replace my 2005 Honda Sabre. Looking forward to be part of the Yamaha community.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Welcome to the forums. We love pics here so post one when you can!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love it. I was a huge Honda Shadow fan, but my 1100 could sometimes get a bit overworked with two on and with VA hills (mountains). I ran across a guy who could no longer ride practically giving the Yamaha away, after only putting 1700 miles on it, and I could not refuse. The 1300 V-Star is a much smoother and more powerful ride.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum oip, we're glad you joined us. Have an pics of your ride? We love pics here and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
609 Posts
I love it. I was a huge Honda Shadow fan, but my 1100 could sometimes get a bit overworked with two on and with VA hills (mountains). I ran across a guy who could no longer ride practically giving the Yamaha away, after only putting 1700 miles on it, and I could not refuse. The 1300 V-Star is a much smoother and more powerful ride.
As a guy who has one of each in the garage/collection... You made the right choice. Shadow 1100 is a great bike, but can't compare to the VS 1300.

Not to mention if you ever have occasion to -work- on your bike, you'll come to hate any/all Honda Shadows real, real fast. They're like a puzzle to work on - seems like you gotta disassemble half the bike to get at any given component. Only bike I hates to work on more than a Shadow is a Magna. Grrrr.

·
Super Moderator
4,609 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts