Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to Purchase a 2010 VStar 950 this weekend. Bike has 14,000 miles on it, runs great I only drove it on the backroads. Power is sufficient. I’m 250 lbs. with a passenger and gear the load would be close to 400-450lbs.... is that to much for a 950 or will it still move on the hwy? That’s a big concern I have. Also anything to look for in these bikes? Thanks!!

·
2,482 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Pat. I ride an 1100 so I can't speak to the carrying capacity of the 950. I do know the people on here who do own them love them and claim they have lots of power and pretty much zero issues. I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,400 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. I ride an 1100 so can not help much. I can tell you the weight limit on the 950 and 1100 are close and the 1100 does pretty good on the open road. But if you plan on many long trips might want to look at the 1300 or bigger.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Are you talking about the highway 55 to 65mph, or the interstate / thruway / 85mph+ with a windshield and saddle bags?

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi Pat,
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. I ride an 09’ 950 tourer model. I’ve added several aftermarket performance parts and a MS batwing fairing. I’ve had that much weight on my bike and could still manage 70 plus mph. The performance add-ons make a big difference. Bone stock with that much weight you could be struggling a bit depending on where you live, etc. Just my input, let us know if you get it and include some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts