Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking about buying a Raider. Would like more info about it from experienced Raider owners.

I'm currently riding a 2013 Goldwing, mostly two-up. Prior to that bike, I rode Yamaha Venture for 7 years...so no stranger to Yamahas. Would like something more suitable for a solo rides and an occasional two-up half-day rides. Raider looks very interesting for several reasons. I'm 6'3", around 250 lb and a Raider looks like it would fit well. Both in comfort as well as the engine size.

Found one locally, 2010 with 7k miles, bone stock S model for $5k. Sounds like a decent deal to me but am interested what do you guys think?...

Hope to hear suggestions and opinions from experienced Raider riders. Also, suggestions for a decent windshield, please.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,462 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Thinking about buying a Raider. Would like more info about it from experienced Raider owners.

I'm currently riding a 2013 Goldwing, mostly two-up. Prior to that bike, I rode Yamaha Venture for 7 years...so no stranger to Yamahas. Would like something more suitable for a solo rides and an occasional two-up half-day rides. Raider looks very interesting for several reasons. I'm 6'3", around 250 lb and a Raider looks like it would fit well. Both in comfort as well as the engine size.

Found one locally, 2010 with 7k miles, bone stock S model for $5k. Sounds like a decent deal to me but am interested what do you guys think?...

Hope to hear suggestions and opinions from experienced Raider riders. Also, suggestions for a decent windshield, please.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forums from the Netherlands!

Sorry for the late reply, been rather busy with other stuff. Anyway, the Raider sounds like a great option for you. I can’t say much about the price, as bikes are way more expensive over here, especially top end bikes like the Raider.

As to windshields: I always recommend ClearView windshields, they are the best by far IMO. Just that you will need an original OEM windshield bracket to fit one. So maybe get a Yamaha windshield, possibly used, and next replace the shield itself with a ClearView one.

HTH, kind regards, Wim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts