Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Well Welcome Mr Walters! But this is the "New Member Introductions" area and we do like it if you actually introduce yourself :D

What do you ride, how long you been riding, the general area you live/ride in, how you make a living and the all important pictures.... ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am new to motorcycles. A couple years back I bought a Yamaha 225 enduro from a vehicle auction. I rode it a for a day in Alaska up a few mountains. Sold it because I enjoyed 4 wheelers more.
I recently moved down to fort Myers Florida and bought a 2000 Yamaha vstar 650.
It will be my first time riding a bike on the road.
Once I get it fixed up I will take a motorcycle course and get a license.
Although I am new to motorcycles I am fairly good at riding off road because I have logged 20k miles plus on mountain bikes. For the limited riding I did on the 225 (1 day for an 18hr ride) I could catwalk it up the hills and had it burried to the handlebars in mud to the point I had to be winched out.
I am a little Leary of driving on the roads and so far I have only taken the vstar around the neighborhood streets.
I have a few pics of the bike and will post them soon.
I started a thread in the vstar forum. My bike needs some help and I am hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.
I don't have much faith in local mechanics, especially since I am new to bikes. I spent 2k on mechanics for my BMW before I ended up fixing it myself. Turned out to be a loose plug to a sensor.
I prefer to fix things myself and I believe I will enjoy riding motorcycles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the 4M. Alaska to Florida Wow you are an extremist. Enjoy your bike. Sleepless in Seattle.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, I ride dirt trails also and have always trusted a non-moving tree to a left hand turning car/anything in front of me:) It's the other person I worry about not me!!! So with that being said take the basic riding course for the street. they have a lot of good gouge that will keep you upside and safe. Remember they're all always trying to hit you:)

Ride safe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts