Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Deep Sigh) Ok folks I finally figured what was wrong, what doesn't work, and will keep everyone updated on how things are holding up. I will do a write-up probably mid next week. I will apologize in advance because the pics will suck bc they were taken with my phone but nonetheless will hopefully help others that may want to perform this mod (Because I couldn't find much of nothing online from previous owners and this modification. As always a mod didn't really happen without a pic so here you go:

The first pic is of the HID warming up and the 2nd is of the HID fully warmed and ready to go. Will try to go riding tonight to give some feedback on how much better the lighting is versus the halogen bulb thats stock.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Looks great! Good job. I'd like to add the link to this thread in our "Modification Finder" topic when you have the entire "how to" posted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro. I will start working on the write up probably Sunday and hopefully have everything in order by Wednesday just depends on work and my coaching schedule.

·
Administrator
13,662 Posts
be sure to take some pics at night. and let us know which watt and kelvins you used and where you got them and where you installed the ballast. coincidence that i just started researching HID kits tonight before i came to your post. youtube has been pretty good, but i think pictures give a better idea of the difference between the different HID kits.

if you're putting this in the mod section, then a general guideline for the difference in kelvins is expressed in this video:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is this both bulbs or just one? I have just low beam and it sucks going to high because my eyes don't adjust to the different colors quickly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Timbuctwo I only changed out my lows for now bc the HIDs have to "warm-up" so I really didn't see the advantage of changing my high beam. I'll be doing a good bit of riding today so I will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Awesome can't wait for the write up. I've been thinking of doing this but was a little gun shy. I've been in the head lamp bucket,what a mess of wires. How did you squeeze it all in there?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Hdeater113, I thought the same thing, but I had to figure ot out. HID kits are formatted for cars as far as length of wiring. So i had to cut wires and extend them and put the ballast under the seat where the tool bag rest (seemed logical to me bc my bike didn't come with the toog bag lol). Will start on the write-up tonight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts