Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100 and until it warms up it runs at idle correctly. After it warms up it has a high idle but only while in gear at a stop when it is in neutral even hot it idles correctly. Also if I am at a stop and in gear after warm up the idle is high and with the clutch pulled put it in neutral and keep the clutch pulled or let it out the idle will drop to about 700 rpm or so. I have checked for air leaks and found no signification ones. There is a Spike Air Cleaner Intake that was added to the bike before I bought it and the exhaust had been changed to an aftermarket exhaust. Not sure if this helps. Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been experiencing this same problem since pulling the bike out of storage from the winter.. I played with the throttle cable adjustments to see if it would help but havent had the chance to test since it got really cold and rainy.. anyone else have any input?

·
Registered
133 Posts
the manual for these bikes states that the idel rpms should be 950-1050 rpms. I think it has to do with the motor getting enough oil pressure for the top end. ie;cams and rockerarms. I have mine set at 1000rpms. try spraying some WD40 around the carb intake boots while the engine is running. if the rpms increase then you have an intake leak. you could also check your TPS setting with an OHM meter to see if it is within spec.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts