Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of highway bars (engine guards) that will work with the Lighting Performance floorboard relocation kit? My service shop had to remove the Yamaha factory engine guards to install the floorboard relocation kit.

Thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
3" is a huge difference in the scheme of motorcycles. I doubt there is any bar that's going to work with out some modifications.

·
Registered
254 Posts
These engine guards may provide limited protection against cosmetic vehicle damage in certain situations, such as if the motorcycle tips over while stopped or moving slowly. These engine guards are not manufactured or intended to protect the rider from injury in a collision.
I know there are several bars, that have lower pushed out extensions for the bolt to frame, i have seen many adding this when the do forward boards.
National cycle mounts as two separate pieces. But you mite as well just add pieces to bottom of your bars and know the disclaimer up above.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=56&manufacturer_ID=165&product_ID=23430&sblid_name=Star_Yamaha_Accessories_Big_Bar_Engine_Guards___Roadliner_and_Stratoliner_for_Yamaha_1900_Roadliner&model_id=111
they have video on there site here. Of some different bars.
Ride Safe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts