Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 v star 1100 custom with forword contols and would like to put higway bars on. I was told by my local dealer that i could not because of controls. Any suggestions? Was the dealer being lazy and not wanting to help?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Your Dealer is telling you straight up and not lazy. The highway bars will not work with forward controls as is.
HOWEVER there are some on the Forum that have modified the mounts for the crash bar so that it will work.

·
Administrator
13,271 Posts
Your Dealer is telling you straight up and not lazy. The highway bars will not work with forward controls as is.
HOWEVER there are some on the Forum that have modified the mounts for the crash bar so that it will work.
there are tons of different bars you can mount. it's a matter of finding one that will work for your bike's setup. and as you just said, sometimes a little modification is in order. so since you're also saying it can be done, how was the dealer being "straight up"?

in 2 seconds i found all of these 1100 customs/classics with highway bars online:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
The dealer sales mostly Yamaha part's (that is if by dealer, we are talking about Yamaha) and he is right that the bars he has are not going to work and I don't think He will do any modifying for him.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have done a small amount of searching for a solution myself. So far all I have found to work w/o modification is a moustache bar.

·
Registered
332 Posts
in 2 seconds i found all of these 1100 customs/classics with highway bars online:
Maybe I'm taking crazy pills, but those motorcycles don't look like they have forward controls to me. At least the brakes all appear to be immediately above the floorboard in the stock position. Am I missing something?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts