Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it happened....some dumb ass kids in a 4X4 truck hit my bike today at the cycle shop....and then hauled ass out of the parking lot before I could chase them down or get the tag #!. man oh man, shattered headlamp, trashed the chrome trim ring, destroyed my front fender, ruined the rt side leather saddle bag, scraped up my V&H exhaust.....bent brake lever, trashed mirror, scratched up forks...passing lamps, windshield and more....friggen pissed me off....then I had to drop $340.00 to have a new headlamp lens overnighted to me just so I can get to Sturgis!
I guess the good things were I wasn't on it and all the damage is cosmetic, and my insurance will cover it all....I had the dealer check the forks, wheel and front end just to be safe.....
Damn, Damn, Damn

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Watching for a truck?

I bet you will be watching for that 4X4 truck for a while. Wonder if they were regulars at that cycle shop? Hit and run ranks right up there with DUI, almost. Glad you were not on it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Damn the bad luck:( For sure that is enough to piss off the good fairy:mad: With Linerdave, bet you will keep an eye peeled for that dickwad, huh? With Dave again, glad you were not on it at the time.Ride safe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would ask the cycle store if they bought anything. I would then be making frequent stops at that cycle store just to see if they come back for another part. I bet they are lucky you didnt catch them. Glad you are ok and were not on it. Enjoy your ride to Sturgis!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That just sucks ass. Main thing your ok the bike can be fixed.Better yet your still gonna make to Sturis.I'll be there sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just a bat that's being nice. Glad your ok, and like you said cosmetic and the down time while fixing. Riding it while it looks beat up. Wonder what he will look like with the easton in his head.
Ride Safe

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
well....here it is.. $4600.00 in damages...my GEICO rep leads me to believe it may be considered totalled...! I may have to buy it back as salvage and spend some of the payoff on mods....according to the NADA and Kelly Blue Book looks like it is worth between $9500-$10200....can"t wait to see how I get screwed on this.....I sure hope they will just fix it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well Hope they total it, knowing we(you) can fix it...lol... should be able to do lots of mods with the money. All depends on buy back cost.
Ride Safe

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bike

Man i feel your frustration...Had the same thing happen to my 1300 when at the stealers..Mongrel did a runner the weak prick...Totalled most of the front end...driving lights and screen had only been on for 3 days...Now i try to park away from all others.... sometimes a bit of a walk but i feel better...:mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are the police doing anything. In todays world they had to be caught on camera.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I can only pray for the poor soul who ran. If it was me only the good lord could save his sorry ass. I know a lot insurance folks will just total bike if the damage is too bad. Good luck and look forward to hearing some good news.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Now you have to calm down a bit. If by chance Mr Easton does meet up with the poor soul, he can't be to harsh and leave his mark you know. A good thick phone book can help in this department.;) On a more serious topic. Did the stealer do a symetry check on it? Hope the bike is not to damaged; read bent frame or head. If it is maybe it's a good thing they scrap it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I here ya on "wish they would just fix it" ridding season is short well at least where I am lol. Going threw the hassle of buying it back finding parts etc takes time and the extra stress to your bad situation. Wish you better luck ahead

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike, you'd think it would be safe at a dealer's parking lot. It's probably a good thing you didn't catch them, it could have been an ugly outcome. What comes around goes around so hopefully they'll get theres.
Joe

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you ever plan on selling or trading it, hope its totaled. I did $13K damage to my last bike (was not totaled), and even though it was fixed as good as new and I put 30K on the odometer after that it still was a "wrecked" bike and several dealers/potential buyers wanted nothing to do with it after that.

Hope it all works out for ya.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts