Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a hitch on their Stratoliner?

I have found a couple that look interesting, the best looking one is from MCHitch.

Next question, how does the Stratoliner do pulling a trailer?

Thanks,

Fitz.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think I read somewhere in my owners manual, that Yamaha doesn't recommend putting a hitch on these bikes. You might want to consult a dealer on this one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I read that also, but the dealer i have service my bike has a hitch on his Stratoliner. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cool! I'm sure you can do anything you want to a bike. I didn't know whether you knew that Yamaha didn't recommend it that's all. Good luck with it. I hope it works out for you. Happy New Year
!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey MFitz, how did this ever work out?

Did you mount a hitch yet? We'd love to see some pictures if you had...

=O)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No but I am getting closer. The trailer i had located did not pan out and I have just recently found out there is a trailer company very near my sister in South Carolina. I am back in trailer mode so if and when I will post details and pics.

Fitz.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a four gun rack and I pull a trailer behind my motor scooter, but I would never pull one behind a motorcycle and I'm surprised the insurance companies let's people do it. Big liability. I think that Can Am is the only mfr that ok's trailer pulling. I don't think their bikes are safe from what I've read.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I looked at that web site, I'm not impressed with their hitch's, but I could be wrong, find someone with one installed and see if you can move that hitch ball left or right any at all. If it will move at all in a few years it will crack. I'd build my own or have a welding shop build one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a MCHitch on my strat and pull a Piggybacker trailer. As for how it pulls, you won't even know it's back there. You will be seeing more gas stations though. When I pull my trailer, I lose about 8-9 mpg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hitch

Hi Guys - I have a hitch on my 2008 Strat and pull a Time-Out tent trailer with no problems at all - even have a cargo pack on top of it. If anyone can point me out how to post a photo, I will do so. My hitch is a Den-Ray. Scott

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds awesome guys. I know the goldwing guys will pull the sh-t out of anything. I'm always seeing them running around with stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts