Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So technically this isn't my first post here, but one of the first. I own a VStar 650, 1100 (both classics, both 2008, both black with ghost flames). I just bought a 2009 stratoliner with 3900 miles on it. I started out riding on the 650 and it was great as a first bike. Then I moved up to an 1100 for a bit more power. I'm a big guy, almost 300 lbs, so I needed a bit more power. After riding my 1100 for a while, I was in search of a bigger bike for longer trips and touring. I looked long and hard at the Harley Road King, and the Indian Vintage/Chief. I'm not a big fan of farings, but I can dig a windshield. Didn't really like either of those bikes, didn't feel like they fit me. Someone on one of the FB Vstar forums suggested that I look at the Roadliner/Stratoliner bikes since I liked the way the Star bikes fit me. Made since to me, so I found my Stratoliner. Drove all the way to Wisconsin from Michigan to pick it up last week. Road the heck out of it on the wamest days I could last week, and I love that bike. I love it a lot. So I think I made a good choice.

Anyway, hiya! I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions here in the future.

Pics to follow.

Thanks
Tom

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,483 Posts
Nice looking bike, congrats. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Ride often and safe.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,750 Posts
Hello Tom and welcome from Virginia

·
Registered
899 Posts
Welcome from Western New York. Wow... you now own three of the best bikes going. I think I'm jealous! Great looking bike

·
Registered
'06 Stratoliner S
40 Posts
Welcome from Athens, Georgia.
You certainly made the right choice by going with the 'Liner. I bought my '06 two years ago after riding RoadStars for over 10 years. I really love the the 'Stars, but the 'Liner is "all that and so much more". I'm 67 yrs. old and I've been riding since I was 15. My Strat is my absolute all time favorite.
Enjoy the ride !

·
Registered
52 Posts
So technically this isn't my first post here, but one of the first. I own a VStar 650, 1100 (both classics, both 2008, both black with ghost flames). I just bought a 2009 stratoliner with 3900 miles on it. I started out riding on the 650 and it was great as a first bike. Then I moved up to an 1100 for a bit more power. I'm a big guy, almost 300 lbs, so I needed a bit more power. After riding my 1100 for a while, I was in search of a bigger bike for longer trips and touring. I looked long and hard at the Harley Road King, and the Indian Vintage/Chief. I'm not a big fan of farings, but I can dig a windshield. Didn't really like either of those bikes, didn't feel like they fit me. Someone on one of the FB Vstar forums suggested that I look at the Roadliner/Stratoliner bikes since I liked the way the Star bikes fit me. Made since to me, so I found my Stratoliner. Drove all the way to Wisconsin from Michigan to pick it up last week. Road the heck out of it on the wamest days I could last week, and I love that bike. I love it a lot. So I think I made a good choice.

Pics to follow.

Thanks
Tom

View attachment 102918

View attachment 102919
FWIW, my opinion as a 6'4" 320 pound guy, great choice. I briefly had a 2014 Indian Vintage & it could not compare to the Stratoliner performance wise. Owned the Indian less than a year, dumped it & got another Stratoliner, a 2013 with under 4K mike's for $7500. Great bikes!! Enjoy
PEACE
DOC

·
Registered
5 Posts

Pics to follow.

Thanks
Tom

View attachment 102918

View attachment 102919
Welcome Tom, from Colorado!
I've got the '09 Strat also; been riding since age 15. I've had some great bikes along the way; early Honda scramblers, KZ-1's, Norton Interstate, etc but my Strat is The ONE ! My weight is about half yours so when "she" gets up to go she really runs. Got the standard detachable windshield and am very pleased with it's protection from buffeting, rocks and bugs.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
I’m a little late to the party, but that’s a great looking bike! I’m in East Tennessee and you don’t see many liners. I like the flamed tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Welcome from Pensacola, Florida
I agree the Stratoliner is awesome, you will really love it on long trips.
You will need to ride over to Milwaukee and smack Deek upside the head for me.
Welcome from Wisoconsin that is one sharp looking strat! When you get comfortable with long rides you can ride to pensicola and give @Jspree a big wet sloppy kiss for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts