Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my wife a 2007 V-Star 650 with only 66 miles! I'm so happy she wants to come along when I ride with my friends! :(:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. My wife also rides with me on her 650 classic.Has she taken the safety course? If not it's a very good idea. Have her post some pictures of her new scoot.Show that baby off.So what do you ride?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tx for tha greetz. I ride a Rune, but also have two KTMs (530, 300) and a Beemer (GS 1150 Adv).

She did take her safety course. I actually had a harder time riding her bike than she did. Funky shifter made me flash back to my CT90 days...

Her bike just developed a hard-to-diag running condition, so I'm gonna go post on the tech board.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Very nice line up of scoots.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Goliath, welcome to the bored! ;)

Maybe it always had that condition; that would explain the low miles! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the guy said he rode it once, and then got scared. That was 5 years ago. Odd, though, it didn't do it the first week I had it. Now it does it every time.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
5 years gives mice plenty of time to find the hardest wire to see and reach and WILL be a wire that runs a circuit to the most expensive sensor on your bike. And when they do, they'll chew away at it with a sparkle in their beedly little black lifeless eyes and grin a wide yellow/brown toothed grin while shitting and pissing all over your electical components....but they're soooooo cute.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, you ain't kiddin'. I work for Aston Martin, Jaguar and Lotus. A lot of my clients don't drive their cars much. I've had repairs upwards of $12K after having to pull an engine on a DB9 to replace the whole engine bay harness due to rodent damage.

Last week, we had to pull a blower motor housing cuz some rats had babies in the cabin blower compartment. Nothing like turning on the a/c on a warm summers day to get blasted by an overwhelming rodent piss smell! Not really "That New Car Smell".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts