Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Orlando Rider

Picked up my Vstar about 7 months ago after my Honda shadow just wasnt doing it for me. Its been a great bike! Threw a mustang seat within the second week of ownership. The stock seat is terrible! I upgrade my brake and turn signal lights to LED that strobe when the brake is on. Def the best thing ive done as people stop alot further back than they did before i did the mod. The bike is my daily rider. Ive put over 11,000 miles on it since i got it. On this bike alone ive been to atlanta, west palm twice, tampa, ocala 4 times, and daytona/new symrna probaly 30 or 40 times, i def get around. Surprisingly i replaced the front tire over 10,000 miles ago and its still looking good. I Grew up in Daytona and never experienced bike week on a bike until last year, and it was awesome

Bobby
Orlando, Fl
2003 V star 1100 Silverado

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome! What a tease putting that bike in front of the water in what looks like Daytona to me (We rented bikes and rode from Orlando to Daytona to Cape Canaveral and back down to Orlando recently - for about the same price as a day in the park). We are due for more snow tomorrow...sigh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha.. yea living in Florida is def amazing for riding. Its not really ever too cold to ride. The only time i really dont ride is when its gonna rain all day. I easily racked up almost 20,000 miles on my bikes last year. Next time you ride in orlando let me know, i ride that orladno, canaveral, daytona loop all the time, i got some good roads to ride down.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I was amazed how different it was from riding in New England. Around here every other road is in crappy shape, and you spend a lot of time looking for the pot holes. Plus, lots of twisties. Florida was so straight and flat! The really weird thing was the toll booths that required exact change...hello, how is a tourist supposed to know that? And are the cops still after me?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts