Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A coworker has been talking about this old Honda 450 that a shop customized about 15 plus years ago and been sitting in the shops corner gathering dust. He bought it, changed oil, cleaned tank, new fuel filter and cleaned the carbs. It still needs a lot of cleaning but he road it to works today. It's been converted to a hard tail with a Springer front end. The work on it was really good. It's not my style but a very cool bike. Sure was a lot of work on a 450.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
did a nice job on it

someone has a Kawi for sale on CL locally - someone did a hardtail conversion on it, but left the stock seat on the bike

It has to be a real joy to ride, without a sprung riders seat!

·
Super Moderator
6,015 Posts
I agree that someone had a nice project at one time. Love the looks of the springer front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
every get on one of those old concrete highways, made of slabs about 80 feet long?

over the years the trucks pound down the leading edge of each slab, so every 80 feet you hit a 1" drop (or worse)

BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......

after about an hour of that you are certifiably insane.

·
Registered
909 Posts
every get on one of those old concrete highways, made of slabs about 80 feet long?

over the years the trucks pound down the leading edge of each slab, so every 80 feet you hit a 1" drop (or worse)

BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......BuDump!......

after about an hour of that you are certifiably insane.
I haven't ridden a hard tail in a long time and often think about building one. However, although my Sporty has rear suspension the shocks really suck and feel like they have no damping and about 1/2" of travel and even after hitting only a few bad spots on the highway at speed it feels like my kidney's are about to pass between my butt cheeks. That puts the "hard tail viewed through rose colored glasses" idea back into perspective for me. I think the "softail" look will suffice for a chopper build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts