·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Star Eluder
327 Posts
Guy I work with just put one of those on his Harley and we did a comparison between my meep meep horn and his what now sounds like a big truck horn. Seems a good upgrade its definitely louder. Only thing that worries me is the wiring. On their instructions it says something like for best results you should wire is directly with a relay and I'm to lazy for that mess.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1982 XV1100,1989 XT600Z Tenere, 2008 F800ST
2,112 Posts
My Beemer came with aftermarket twin compressor horns. I removed them because I dislike the added bits, clutter, weight and possible problem source. I virtually never use the horn anyway, probably the least used feature on any motorcycle I have owned.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
On their instructions it says something like for best results you should wire is directly with a relay and I'm to lazy for that mess.
Probably not bad advice. No doubt the bigger horn draws significantly more. Would be a bitch to keep blowing fuses (or weld the horn switch closed :) )

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've used the Fiamm Freeway Blaster in the past. https://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-72112-...iamm+horns&qid=1652153109&s=automotive&sr=1-5

I felt it was an upgrade from the stock horn and louder than stock. No relays to deal with, just swap them. My experience with the air horns; there is a delay when you push the button, until the compressor spins up before the sound is produced. Combine that with the extra wiring, relays, etc; I took the easy way out.

Reactions: Vandy and dmil123

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I've used the Fiamm Freeway Blaster in the past. https://www.amazon.com/FIAMM-72112-...iamm+horns&qid=1652153109&s=automotive&sr=1-5

I felt it was an upgrade from the stock horn and louder than stock. No relays to deal with, just swap them. My experience with the air horns; there is a delay when you push the button, until the compressor spins up before the sound is produced. Combine that with the extra wiring, relays, etc; I took the easy way out.
I did the same. It is a direct plug and play replacement 1:1 swap. Took less than 15 min. I seem to remember it had 132 db output and was fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
820 Posts
This could be my next upgrade. I don't even know where the horn is on the Eluder..
It's hiding between the forks and pretty easy to get to. I replaced mine with the FIAMM Highway Blaster and while it is certainly a better tone, I didn't find it to be much louder (if at all) than the OEM beeper. It's not near as loud as the WOLO Bad Boy self contained air horn I had on my last bike, but the FIAMM doesn't require a interposing relay like the WOLO. Plug and play.

·
Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
321 Posts
I have one it doesn't sound like a big truck you need 2 of them. Try a super loud Cadillac horn I put one on my goldwing 10 times louder

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
820 Posts
I had a Stebel Compact Nautilus on my RSTD, didn't make a bit of difference to the girl who ran the red turn arrow and t-boned me.
Unfortunately, horns are mostly for fun and scaring off buzzards feasting on roadkill. Cagers with windows up and stereo blasting can't hear freight trains.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts