Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the Covid has had many down and the persistent SE Texas heat has kept many riders off of their bikes I am starting to see more and more bikes out and about. Riding season is upon us. Looking for forum members in Houston and nearby areas ready to get out and ride. Would like to pick a day once a month to get together for socializing and riding. Any suggestions as to where and when would certainly be welcomed. Lets get this riding season going and finish 2020 on a high note!!!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
There is usually a texas get together. There are a bunch from houston area. I wish i was closer sounds like a good get together

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,137 Posts
I do wish more of us would meet up for a day or even a half day ride. I am finally seeing more people out and about in weekends here in Virginia too. C-19 riding does make me laugh when I see a biker with a blue mask on while riding.

Good luck getting more folks in your area to ride with!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,052 Posts
@safetyart06, count me in. I've tried several times to get a few riders together. Even if it's just you and me, let's do it. I'm normally off on Sundays and Wednesday, pick one and we'll meet up. I'm in Katy but open to any area of town. Hopefully you saw the other threads about Houston area rides. I'm ready, pick the spot.

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@safetyart06, count me in. I've tried several times to get a few riders together. Even if it's just you and me, let's do it. I'm normally off on Sundays and Wednesday, pick one and we'll meet up. I'm in Katy but open to any area of town. Hopefully you saw the other threads about Houston area rides. I'm ready, pick the spot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lesblank, lets try for Sunday Sept 20. That will give us some time to find a meeting place and gather up a few more riders. I have 1 or 2 in the neighborhood plus 1 or maybe both of my sons. I am in Cypress so you and I getting together should be no problem. I will look for some meeting places and if you think of any, let me know. Weather should be great.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
lesblank, lets try for Sunday Sept 20. That will give us some time to find a meeting place and gather up a few more riders. I have 1 or 2 in the neighborhood plus 1 or maybe both of my sons. I am in Cypress so you and I getting together should be no problem. I will look for some meeting places and if you think of any, let me know. Weather should be great.
That is very cool i wish you were up by me

·
9,052 Posts
An option for a quick ride. I've done the Austin Colony Loop several times. Takes about an hour total and out if Houston traffic plus on our side of town.

Short video I made last time I went:

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This looks like a great ride. I know there is an HEB at 610 and 99. Maybe that would be a good place to meet.

·
9,052 Posts
Think you fat fingered the 610 @ 99. 😂
Try again.

·
9,052 Posts
Which one were you thinking?

·
9,052 Posts
That Kroger is right down the street from me, well 5 miles. If you are good with the loop I posted we have the ride part done. We go close to the MKT train museum and San Filipe State park. We can stop and BS for a bit and take pictures. The total loop is just over an hour long. Have a time in mind to meet? Date, September 20, Sunday, right? Your wife / significant other coming? How about a place to eat. Oh, I will mask up when not on the bike. I will shoot @blackadder a message and see if he wants to join us, he lives just a few miles from me. Any other Houston area riders interested?

·
9,052 Posts
I invited a few other riders I know, no takers yet, but will let y'all know if they plan to attend.

·
9,052 Posts

·
9,052 Posts
Looking at the weather, Sept 20 should be a great day.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts