Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Jason, I wouldn't mind but Momma and the kids have put the brakes on my riding on Easter. We are going to ride on Sunday, April 11th so get the word out. I am also going to look at my calendar for the year and pre-plan all of the dates I can ride. Hopefully it will all come together.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
73 Posts
I was just thinking about Sunday. Although I could probably go for a ride Sunday . Some family is going to be at the house that I don't like hanging with anyway. Please!
:unsure: :rolleyes: I hear you loud and clear......and unfortunately can't help one bit because I don't have the energy to fight that fight anymore. The weather should be nice, so hanging out in the back yard, or the garage, or the street should make the day go by faster. Moving targets are harder to hit, so to speak.

Weather will be really nice for a ride, too bad it will go to waste.....:(

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
73 Posts
We can reschedule for the 11th.
Been kind of lurking around watching this thread, but @lesblank has been nudging me towards participation. I hesitate for a couple of reasons, the biggest one being my bike is going in for warranty/recall work and I am not 100% certain I will have it back by April 11. I hope so, but......

However, IF I do have a ride on the 11th and IF the group wants to add a stop on the east side of Cleveland to pick me up, it sounds like it might be fun. There is a Fuel Max (#46) on the corner of TX-105 and FM-2518 that would be an ideal meet up spot for me (and pit stop for the group, if necessary).

Also, unless there is a requirement to ride TX-105 all the way to US-96 in Beaumont (pretty boring piece of concrete) I suggest hanging a left (north) off 105 onto TX-326 at Sour Lake and then take a right on FM-421 to Lumberton. Not sure where/when lunch is scheduled, but it so happens there is a big Schlotzsky's on the corner of FM-421 and US-287 in Lumberton. (I loves me some Schlotzsky's....just sayin'.) Lumberton is just a hop, skip and a jump from the 105/96 intersection in Beaumont, so it would be easy for any east side riders to meet there. Just a nicer ride than 105 into Beaumont, IMO.

Another also: I'm not sure how many of the west side riders have negotiated the northbound US-59/I-69 exit to TX-105, but it is a nasty U-turn from the left lane of northbound 59/69 to the left lane of southbound 59/69 and then a quick cross over to the right lane to grab the hard right turn ramp to 105, with the main lanes of 59/69 bearing down hard all the way. If you haven't run it before, zoom in on it with your favorite map software and take a look. As a group it might be easier to take the next exit north to old 105 and U-turn back to the south from there.

So, assuming I have ride on April 11 and we can figure out an approximate meet time @ the Cleveland Fuel Max and no hurricanes brew up between now and then, count me in.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,857 Posts
Glad you are joining us. Got suggestions, @safetyart, I'm not familiar with exactly where he's talking, what do you think about his route? I would rather ride a nicer road. @JasonP, on that route where would a good meet up place be? @Louisiana Jeff, could you meet us somewhere to?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Sorry I have not been here in a few days. As I type this I am looking at maps and routes and working this out. Will have everything ready by this evening.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Ok, everybody, here we go:
Lesblank, Safetyart06 and son to meet at Bucees on 290 and Mueschke at 9:00 on Sunday April 11th. Any other riders from the West Side should meet there. Kickstands up at 9:30 headed to Cleveland, TX. Just Past Cleveland on FM 105 we will stop at the Fuel Max #46 for a restroom and water break (gas suggested as well) and we can meet Alan Rides there per his request. On from there to Beaumont on FM 105. Again, water, restroom and more riders. Hoping to pick up JasonP and Louisiana Jeff as well as any other S/E Texas riders that want to join us. Only thing here is, I am not familiar with a good meeting place so one of the locals will have to suggest a spot and give us details. Times will be confirmed as you guys look at this and figure the distance. From there, up to Mama Jacks in Kountze (recommended by Louisiana Jeff) for lunch. After lunch, a trip through the Sam Houston National Forest to Huntsville. In Huntsville, it is pretty much up to the rest of the group after that. As for myself, I will be making my way toward Cypress, but not sure as to which route. May just follow Les. Any suggestions at this point would be welcome. PaulieBoy, check the route on the map on page 9 of this thread and let us know if there is a place you can meet us if you would like to join. We can always make an extra quick stop if we need to. Not a problem at all. Everyone, please throw in suggestions and please let us know if you are going to be able to make the ride. I will be checking this thread often until Sunday morning.
Ride safe, ride often and hope to see you out on the road.

Oh, and for those of you who are new: you don't have to ride a Yamaha to join us. We even let a Harley or two ride with us on special occasions. Also, bring anybody you would like just make sure they are not in a hurry and don't take risks around other riders. See y'all soon.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Ok, everybody, here we go:
Lesblank, Safetyart06 and son to meet at Bucees on 290 and Mueschke at 9:00 on Sunday April 11th. Any other riders from the West Side should meet there. Kickstands up at 9:30 headed to Cleveland, TX. Just Past Cleveland on FM 105 we will stop at the Fuel Max #46 for a restroom and water break (gas suggested as well) and we can meet Alan Rides there per his request. On from there to Beaumont on FM 105. Again, water, restroom and more riders. Hoping to pick up JasonP and Louisiana Jeff as well as any other S/E Texas riders that want to join us. Only thing here is, I am not familiar with a good meeting place so one of the locals will have to suggest a spot and give us details. Times will be confirmed as you guys look at this and figure the distance. From there, up to Mama Jacks in Kountze (recommended by Louisiana Jeff) for lunch. After lunch, a trip through the Sam Houston National Forest to Huntsville. In Huntsville, it is pretty much up to the rest of the group after that. As for myself, I will be making my way toward Cypress, but not sure as to which route. May just follow Les. Any suggestions at this point would be welcome. PaulieBoy, check the route on the map on page 9 of this thread and let us know if there is a place you can meet us if you would like to join. We can always make an extra quick stop if we need to. Not a problem at all. Everyone, please throw in suggestions and please let us know if you are going to be able to make the ride. I will be checking this thread often until Sunday morning.
Ride safe, ride often and hope to see you out on the road.

Oh, and for those of you who are new: you don't have to ride a Yamaha to join us. We even let a Harley or two ride with us on special occasions. Also, bring anybody you would like just make sure they are not in a hurry and don't take risks around other riders. See y'all soon.
I'm not going to be able to make it, sorry.

Mama Jack's closes at 1500 or 3:00 for the rest of ya.

Reactions: lesblank

·
10,857 Posts
To make sure those who want to meet along the way and want my cell so I can keep you informed on approximate time, just PM me.

Reactions: safetyart06

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can't make it this time. I made reservations for that weekend a while back, to Mississippi. Hate to miss it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Jason, sucks that you cant make it. Of course, we will be planning the next ride on Sunday. Les, heard from anyone else?

·
10,857 Posts
Nope. Might just be us unless @AlanRides joins us.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
73 Posts
I hope to attend, but the dealer is not exactly breaking a sweat to get my bike back to me as they've had it since open of business 4/3. They must love to look at it in their shop as once they get it for whatever needs doing, they don't get in a hurry to get it back to me. If they come through in time I'll let you know, but as of right now I am without a ride......

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
AlanRides, hoping you can make it.
Les, if nobody is coming out of West Louisiana or Beaumont/Port Arthur area, we may change our route slightly. We will discuss when we meet on Sunday morning.

·
10,857 Posts
AlanRides, hoping you can make it.
Les, if nobody is coming out of West Louisiana or Beaumont/Port Arthur area, we may change our route slightly. We will discuss when we meet on Sunday morning.
Sounds good, I was thinking the same thing. Save the East Ride when others can go. Carla and I were in the car but found some pretty cool roads out the west way.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
I hope to attend, but the dealer is not exactly breaking a sweat to get my bike back to me as they've had it since open of business 4/3. They must love to look at it in their shop as once they get it for whatever needs doing, they don't get in a hurry to get it back to me. If they come through in time I'll let you know, but as of right now I am without a ride......
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
73 Posts
Well no ride for me this weekend as Tejas Motorsports still hasn't finished the mostly minor warranty work. Biggest issue is a leaking fork seal and I doubt Yamaha pays them more than a few hours to replace one of those.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what shakes out next time you ride. Y'all ride safe and enjoy........

201 - 219 of 219 Posts