Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,176 Posts
Well no ride for me this weekend as Tejas Motorsports still hasn't finished the mostly minor warranty work. Biggest issue is a leaking fork seal and I doubt Yamaha pays them more than a few hours to replace one of those.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what shakes out next time you ride. Y'all ride safe and enjoy........
We have average a ride a month since last September. Feel free to join us anytime. @safetyart06, give me a bit and I'll post a ride on our side of town and see what you think.

·
11,176 Posts
How about something like this. Goes to Lake Fayette via back roads. Shows to be a tad over 3 hours, total, door to door plus add an hour for lunch, so should be a nice ride. I started map at my house but we'll start at your Buckees. Carla and I were out that way last week and the bluebonnets were blooming really nice. By the way, Carla has grandkid stuff to do, so not going. Let me know.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
91 Posts
Well that sucks a big one.
Yes it does. But I have to remind myself it is certainly a 1st world problem, probably a low priority concern for many 1st world folks. I'm sure there are lots of people that would be happy if their biggest worry was whether or not their touring motorcycle is put back together in time to joy ride around for the pure heck of it.

But sometimes I let it annoy me anyway. :rolleyes:

Y'all watch out for those bluebonnet fixated / distracted drivers out there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Les, let's make meeting time 10:00 since this is a shorter ride than planned. I have a couple of small items I have to take care of in the morning.

·
11,176 Posts
Sounds good. Gives me some time to rest since I had to semi clean my bike . :LOL: 😂

·
11,176 Posts
Just got home after a great ride with four different forums attending:

Four of us left Houston and 10am and meet with one rider from San Marcos at Lake Fayette, which is about half way. We chatted a bit then went and had lunch in Fayetteville. The Houston riders took a slightly different route home to enjoy the beautiful day while the San Marcos rider heated home. The bluebonnets (Texas State Flower) are still in bloom and pasts lots of folks stopping for pictures. @JasonP, missed you on this one, but hopefully we can do the eastern ride next month.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Houston Riders,
I was working on a ride to the eastern side of our riding territory when I got a call for a job working on the inland tug boats. While I will still be here on the forum as much as I can, I will not be able to ride as much as I have in the past. I still plan to do so, however, when time off allows. Keep an eye on this thread and I will be letting you know when I will be able to plan a ride. In the meantime, stay safe and ride often. Keep me posted on what's going on in the area, and I hope to see all of you soon.

·
11,176 Posts
Glad you landed a job. Working in ship channel area or Galveston? But sorry to hear our rides might be fewer.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Not sure as to where yet. Anywhere from the lower Mississippi River down to Brownsville/Harlingen area. Got two weeks of training before being assigned to a boat. Rides might actually be more frequent as I have the luxury of: when I'm off, I'm OFF. Plus, I will have plenty of time to plan some good rides for us.

221 - 236 of 236 Posts