Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
As far as a time, you pick. I am an early riser. I dont think my wife will be joining me on this ride but will when the weather cools. I will have a mask and use when social distancing is compromised. I am trying to get one or two guys from my neighborhood to possibly join us and of course the more the merrier. As far as where to meet and when just let me know. Also, I am giving all a heads up, one of the things that we will be talking about is trying to make this a regular thing at least once a month. Im already looking at the next ride. Let me know what you got as far as meeting and I will be there. Signing off for now as I am about to go take a short ride near the house. Be safe all. Looking forward to hearing from you.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,017 Posts
How about this?
When: Sunday, September 20
Meet at: HEB, Fry Road at I-10
Time: Meet at 9am, kickstands up at 10am
Route: Google Maps

Total ride time is about 1.5 hours. First stop will be MKT Railroad Museum. It's just a cool place for photo.

About half way thru the ride in San Felipe is the San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site, another good photo place.

We can discuss lunch when we meet, it can be in the Katy area or up by your house. I'm totally open. If the route doesn't sound right to you just let me know. It's out of the heavy traveled roads and has some curves following the Brazos river. I like the idea of a monthly ride. We could get others to join in and adventure out to longer all day rides. @blackadder , what's your thoughts?

Reactions: Boog

·
9,017 Posts
I'm already thinking about our second ride. This is a nice ride that I do pretty often. Love the stretch from Galveston to Freeport. By the time you stop and eat this is almost an all day ride.

Reactions: Boog

·
9,017 Posts
Another teaser of next Sunday's ride:

Reactions: Boog and Yamaha Pat

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This all looks great. Looking forward to the ride, and the stops. See y'all next Sunday. Still trying to get a few riders from around me. If not, we got a good start.

·
9,017 Posts
@safetyart06 and @blackadder , sunday's rain change is pretty high. Want to play it by ear or change the ride to tomorrow, Saturday?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok, I am actually better with Saturday and can pick up an extra rider if we do so then. Let me know what the general thinking is and if Sunday is better for everyone else that is good too.

·
9,017 Posts
Just talked to blackadder, tomorrow, Saturday it is. Same ride, kickstand up at 10am. I'll be there early, 9 to 9:30, get some coffee and chill.

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic

·
9,017 Posts
Guess I should get the bugs off from todays ride before tomorrow then. o_O

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic

·
9,017 Posts
Getting ready to head out. Great weather. Will post more later.

·
9,017 Posts
Just got back home after a great day of riding with @blackadder, (John with Stratoliner) , @safetyart06 (Art with Vstar 1100) and his son Jon (Vstar 1300). We meet at 9:30am with kickstands up at 10am. Here's the Relive video:

Meet up:

First stop was at corner store for some drinks and there was an old Ford there, pretty neat and really clean.

Next stop was at the old MKT train depo for some pictures.

Then we headed out I-10 (freeway) to FM 1489 ( nice quiet two lane road). You can see from freeway video that it's nice to get on less traveled roads.

Quick video of FM 1489, some of our best riding today:

On our way we came up onto a biker club turning into a local hang out:

We stopped at a State Park for a rest and pictures:

Here's the next section of our ride, another good road, well for around here it is.

When we were at the Park we discussed lunch. @safetyart06 had a suggestion but didn't know how to get there from where we were at. He said if I got him to a certain intersection he could get us there. Sorry, Art, gotta tell the story. So I lead the way till we got to the intersection and Art took the lead. All was good for the first few miles. We are going along, then all of a sudden, dirt road. Now I'm thinking he knows where he's going. Remember, @blackadder is on a Strat and I'm on my Harley, not very dirt road friendly bikes. We go several miles, them Art pulls over to check GPS. Well we've gone about 5 miles on this wonder road and still had about another 5 miles to go. So, kickstands up again, I'm trying to remember if I had a spare pair of underwear with me, but we all made it thru that section pretty good. I cut the video down a lot as most was just dust going everywhere. I felt sorry for his son, Jon, as he was in the back and eating a lot of dust. Every ride needs an adventure and we definitely got one. Funny thing is this is two days in a row I've been "off road".

We finally made it to lunch at a place that had great pizza and sandwiches. Setting out side we talked for a while after eating and decided to start heading home.

This is Highway 290 on our way back:

I want to say this was a GREAT ride with GREAT company and thanks for riding with me today. @blackadder and @safetyart06, please add to the days story for moments I left out. I saw both of you taking pictures so please post them. We decided to make this a regular thing, hopefully monthly, and add other Houston area riders. Almost forgot, y'all have some very nice bikes.

·
9,017 Posts
Here's another view of what we road today.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Just got back home after a great day of riding with @blackadder, (John with Stratoliner) , @safetyart06 (Art with Vstar 1100) and his son Jon (Vstar 1300). We meet at 9:30am with kickstands up at 10am. Here's the Relive video:

Meet up:

View attachment 98893

First stop was at corner store for some drinks and there was an old Ford there, pretty neat and really clean.

View attachment 98896

View attachment 98897

Then we headed out I-10 (freeway) to FM 1489 ( nice quiet two lane road). You can see from freeway video that it's nice to get on less traveled roads.

View attachment 98899

Here's the next section of our ride, another good road, well for around here it is.

When we were at the Park we discussed lunch. @safetyart06 had a suggestion but didn't know how to get there from where we were at. He said if I got him to a certain intersection he could get us there. Sorry, Art, gotta tell the story. So I lead the way till we got to the intersection and Art took the lead. All was good for the first few miles. We are going along, then all of a sudden, dirt road. Now I'm thinking he knows where he's going. Remember, @blackadder is on a Strat and I'm on my Harley, not very dirt road friendly bikes. We go several miles, them Art pulls over to check GPS. Well we've gone about 5 miles on this wonder road and still had about another 5 miles to go. So, kickstands up again, I'm trying to remember if I had a spare pair of underwear with me, but we all made it thru that section pretty good. I cut the video down a lot as most was just dust going everywhere. I felt sorry for his son, Jon, as he was in the back and eating a lot of dust. Every ride needs an adventure and we definitely got one. Funny thing is this is two days in a row I've been "off road".

We finally made it to lunch at a place that had great pizza and sandwiches. Setting out side we talked for a while after eating and decided to start heading home.

View attachment 98900

I want to say this was a GREAT ride with GREAT company and thanks for riding with me today. @blackadder and @safetyart06, please add to the days story for moments I left out. I saw both of you taking pictures so please post them. We decided to make this a regular thing, hopefully monthly, and add other Houston area riders. Almost forgot, y'all have some very nice bikes.
I am kinda confused, all those pics and the harley isn't laying on its side in any of them. Just as well because you didn't have enough guys to pick it up any how.

·
Registered
871 Posts

Meet up:

View attachment 98893

View attachment 98896

View attachment 98897

View attachment 98899

View attachment 98900

Les thanks for sharing. FM 1489 and the second section video had some good Twistie.
I am starting to think that you are enjoying those dirt and gravel roads.... I think I saw you power side into the corner and heard your foot down dragging it keep you up on the tires......hehehe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Was a great ride. Sorry about the gravel roads. Thanks for the pictures. Looking forward to the next ride.. Hopefully others will see this and we can get a few more riders.

·
9,017 Posts
A few more pictures from yesterday.

·
9,017 Posts
21 - 40 of 72 Posts