Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,016 Posts
Sounds very doable. Which day you thinking. @blackadder , you game. How about any other Houston area folks, come on and join us.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'm not sure about when just yet. Have to look at my work schedule. I am looking at a few roads in the area that are good rides. There are some great ones getting there from Cypress. Will check and get back with you soon. Oh, and I am looking at Sundays.

·
9,016 Posts
I'm not sure about when just yet. Have to look at my work schedule. I am looking at a few roads in the area that are good rides. There are some great ones getting there from Cypress. Will check and get back with you soon. Oh, and I am looking at Sundays.
No rush, but the more we post about it, maybe we'll pick up a few more to ride with us.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The ride was a lot of fun - even the gravel roads. It was nice to meet a couple of new people - Art and John. The only downer for me was about 10 seconds after waving farewell to LesBlank, I ran out of gas. LOL. My wife came and brought me some go-juice and I made it all the way back to the house. My gas gauge 'looked' like I still had gas but it was bone dry. Lesson learned. :sneaky:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Which is better, the 11th or 17th of October? I'm leaning toward Sunday the 17th because I may be able to get more riders then. However, I am leaving the date up to you guys. I've got a pretty good route I am working on (with NO gravel roads) which will take us up through Conroe and Montgomery. As soon as I become slightly more computer literate I will send out a map. Do we need to start a new thread to get out to more Houston riders?

·
9,016 Posts
The 17th works well for me. Wife is having a procedure done on the 9th and need to stay with her for a few days. Let's keep the new ride info here, might show everyone the different rides we are taking all in one thread. ¹ I'm still wiping dust off my bike from the last ride. 😂

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,111 Posts
@lesblank I wish your lady the best and a speedy recovery!

Now, about the dust on your bike from the last ride, that makes me think you weren't riding hard enough. Oh wait, you're in Texas, never mind. Riding harder there makes the dust stick harder if memory serves...

Reactions: lesblank

·
9,016 Posts
Hi all. Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring. I'm from Vidor, but enjoy going on some rides with yall.
Sounds good. Keep an eye on this thread for information.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hi all. Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring. I'm from Vidor, but enjoy going on some rides with yall.
Looking forward to having you join us. Yes, Sam Houston is a great ride. There are several good rides in the Houston area as well as out in your neck of the woods. We are planning a ride for the 17th of Oct going up to the Lake Conroe area. I think lesblank has a pretty good ride to Galveston and across to Freeport. I am thinking of maybe proposing that we take that ride on the weekend of the cancelled Lone Star Rally. Any input on dates and rides are certainly welcomed as well as any riders of any kind of bike you'd like to recruit. Just make sure they love to ride. As always, ride often, ride safe. See you on the road.

·
9,016 Posts

·
9,016 Posts
Hey Yart, where about in "my neck of the woods" are there some good routes? I havent found much.
Check out this web site. Has the top motorcycle roads as rated by riders. It's how I've have found a few nice roads.

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
JasonP: lesblank told you exactly what I was going to. North out of Orange and up to Toledo Bend is some good roads. Just be careful of the law. They will get you in reduced speed areas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
lesblank, I am about to expose my kryptonite: I've got the map prepared for the 17th but don't know how to put it on the site or the thread. Could you give me a little direction or I could email to you and you could post. Thanks for the help.

·
9,016 Posts
Might be easier to email it to me, [email protected] or text it to me if in Google maps, just hit the share route, you have my number.

·
9,016 Posts
41 - 60 of 72 Posts