Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,017 Posts
Alright, we have our route, @safetyart06 did a great job on the map. Looks to be a little over 2 hours saddle time. Who's thinking about going? This is the preliminary plans:
Date: October 18th, Sunday
Meet at: Buckees, 27106 US 290
Meet at 9am, kickstands up at 10am
Lunch: determined by attendees

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
All of this looks great. Buc-ee's is a great meeting place and at 9:00 AM there are usually many bikes there. Of course I'm in and Jon will probably join us. Although slim, there is a chance my queen will join us as well. I'm trying to recruit a few more riders. I have been on all of the roads on the map, but never in a loop like this. So, plans are set. See all of you at Buc-ee's Cypress Sunday the 18th at 9:00. Ride often and ride safe.

·
9,017 Posts

·
9,017 Posts
@JasonP, I know we are an hour or so from you, but are you interested in joining us?

·
9,017 Posts
We still a go for Sunday? Weather looks great.

Reactions: Yamaha Pat

·
9,017 Posts
Ok Houston area folks, this is our second ride. First one was successful and was a great time. Weather is supposed to be great. Come on out and join us. In case you are wondering, we did mask up or social distance when not riding.

·
9,017 Posts
My bike is not clean. Got caught in rain on way home from work on Saturday. I'll ride rather than wash, see you then.

·
9,017 Posts
Had a great ride today with @safetyart06 and Jon, his son. We meet at 9am and kickstands up at 10am. Headed north toward Lake Conroe on about every back road Art could remember, he did a great job picking route. Found this interesting, we all filled out tanks before we took off. Stopped for fuel towards end of ride. My odometer read 97.1 miles, both Yamahas, Art's 1100 and Jon's 1300 showed a tad over 98 miles. That's actually pretty close. Art's 1100 took 1.78 gallons, Jon's 1300 1.84 and mine took 2.31 gallons. Pretty good mileage for some spirited and casual riding combined. We stopped several times for breaks and pictures. Really wish we could get a few more to join us as this is turning out to be a great riding opportunity. Here's the Relive, pictures and a few videos. I'm not very good at doing this picture and video stuff. But I try to post enough so others can see the great day we had. I'm open to ideas on how to make the pictures and videos worth watching, so what's the good, the bad and what else can i do?

Morning meet up.

A stretch break.

Lake Conroe.

A few videos.

I think Art went out of his way to find a dirt road, sorry Art, just had to post this.

FM 362, a nice county road.

Heading home.

·
9,017 Posts
Our next ride was discussed today. It's going to be a Galveston / Freeport ride the same weekend the cancelled Line Star Rally would have been on. So for now the ride will be Sunday, November 8th. Meet time and location to be discussed. Since this is a longer ride, we might want to do a 9am kickstand up, just a thought.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Had a great ride today with @safetyart06 and Jon, his son. We meet at 9am and kickstands up at 10am. Headed north toward Lake Conroe on about every back road Art could remember, he did a great job picking route. Found this interesting, we all filled out tanks before we took off. Stopped for fuel towards end of ride. My odometer read 97.1 miles, both Yamahas, Art's 1100 and Jon's 1300 showed a tad over 98 miles. That's actually pretty close. Art's 1100 took 1.78 gallons, Jon's 1300 1.84 and mine took 2.31 gallons. Pretty good mileage for some spirited and casual riding combined. We stopped several times for breaks and pictures. Really wish we could get a few more to join us as this is turning out to be a great riding opportunity. Here's the Relive, pictures and a few videos. I'm not very good at doing this picture and video stuff. But I try to post enough so others can see the great day we had. I'm open to ideas on how to make the pictures and videos worth watching, so what's the good, the bad and what else can i do?

Morning meet up.

View attachment 99862

View attachment 99863

A stretch break.

View attachment 99864

Lake Conroe.

View attachment 99865

View attachment 99866

View attachment 99867

A few videos.

I think Art went out of his way to find a dirt road, sorry Art, just had to post this.

FM 362, a nice county road.

Heading home.

Looked like a really nice day. Good videos.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts