Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Sunday should be good for me. Timing for me.. The later the better.
Great. Being a little longer ride the 9:30am kickstand up should work. We normally get there about half hour early and BS. Guess you don't get to party Saturday night too much. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
The Shell and 9:30 look great to me. I'm hearing about a very slight chance of rain but not expecting anything. That there will be thousands of bikes there doesn't surprise me at all. In fact I expect it. Looking forward to getting together and riding.
 

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Something like a 20 percent chance of rain, means we have an 80 percent chance of not getting wet. ;)
They are saying something about closing part of the seawall so we might have to detour a little.
 

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Joined
·
9,526 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Sunday's looking better:

100472
 

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
  • Like
Reactions: Louisiana Jeff

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
We got any other riders? Looks like JasonP will show up, me, Jon and lesblank. Has anyone heard about anyone else that wants to go?
 

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
The Houston group is in Galveston right now. More pictures later this evening.

100578
 

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
The Houston Area Riders had a great ride today. @safetyart06, his son Jon, @JasonP , @lesblank and wife Carla left the west side of Houston, road to Galveston, staying off freeways, then down to Freeport and back to Houston. Hats off to @JasonP for riding from the other side of Beaumont, about 2 hours away, to join us. He definitely put some miles on his 950T. The day started off really foggy but cleared up quickly. Our route today was a lot of straight back roads with 55mph speed limit with highlight being the 30 mile plus between Galveston and Freeport were you are riding along the Gulf Coast. Here's the recap.


Getting ready to head out.
100591



100593


100594


Stopped on the Seawall

100595


Heading down to Galveston.


Going over causeway to island


Cruising the Seawall


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
958 Posts
The Houston Area Riders had a great ride today. @safetyart06, his son Jon, @JasonP , @lesblank and wife Carla left the west side of Houston, road to Galveston, staying off freeways, then down to Freeport and back to Houston. Hats off to @JasonP for riding from the other side of Beaumont, about 2 hours away, to join us. He definitely put some miles on his 950T. The day started off really foggy but cleared up quickly. Our route today was a lot of straight back roads with 55mph speed limit with highlight being the 30 mile plus between Galveston and Freeport were you are riding along the Gulf Coast. Here's the recap.


Getting ready to head out.
View attachment 100591


View attachment 100593

View attachment 100594

Stopped on the Seawall

View attachment 100595

Heading down to Galveston.


Going over causeway to island


Cruising the Seawall


Les nice pictures and videos. Glad to see that Carla went with you, hi Carla. The seawall videos would have been better if the camera was higher but still a good view. Also I liked that white convertible that passed you on as you were going over causeway to island.
 

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Les nice pictures and videos. Glad to see that Carla went with you, hi Carla. The seawall videos would have been better if the camera was higher but still a good view. Also I liked that white convertible that passed you on as you were going over causeway to island.
Thanks, Carla says hi back.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GARider

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Although I've never met lesblank, so I don't really know for sure; rumor has it that the camera angle was specifically adjusted to give the rest of us a perspective from lesblank's vantage point.
That's a good one!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Great pictures and videos. As always a fantastic ride. Somewhat disappointed that we couldn't find one gravel road, but the crater in the road near Jamaica Beach made up for that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Going to start planning the next one which will probably be sometime in January. Depending on weather of course. Be on the lookout for an impromptu short ride sometime between now and then. Let's all start getting some more riders for next year.
 

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
I am toying with the idea of riding down to Woodville, TX this spring to visit my cousin who gave me the Stratoliner. If I do, I think I will come by @lesblank to watch you do one-armed pullups in person. :)
 
81 - 100 of 123 Posts
Top