Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,529 Posts
Great pictures and videos. As always a fantastic ride. Somewhat disappointed that we couldn't find one gravel road, but the crater in the road near Jamaica Beach made up for that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Going to start planning the next one which will probably be sometime in January. Depending on weather of course. Be on the lookout for an impromptu short ride sometime between now and then. Let's all start getting some more riders for next year.
Here's the story, we're traveling down the road and I'm leading. They had trenched across the road for a pipe, but didn't look to bad. Carla and I hit it going about 50 and it bounces both of us off the seat, I mean big time. The three other riders saw this and swore the bike came off the ground. They were going fast enough the couldn't slow down much and they all hit the same trench. They had a good laugh watching the two rag dolls, Carla and I, getting bounced around.

Reactions: Boog

·
9,529 Posts
I am toying with the idea of riding down to Woodville, TX this spring to visit my cousin who gave me the Stratoliner. If I do, I think I will come by @lesblank to watch you do one-armed pullups in person. :)
If you do come down, we will plan a ride out that way and meet up. In fact, yesterday we were talking about a run out that way since @JasonP is joining us and wouldn't have to ride for 2 hours just to meet us. And yes, I'll give you a good laugh watching an old man do one arm pullups.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
riding down to Woodville, TX
A little south of Woodville is a favorite of ours, Mama Jack's. A great little buffet place.

Reactions: Boog and lesblank

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,314 Posts
A little south of Woodville is a favorite of ours, Mama Jack's. A great little buffet place.

The way to man's heart is through his stomach. Looks great brother.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts

·
9,529 Posts
Kinda thinking here, if the Houston Area Riders were to head east, maybe out 105, maybe @Louisiana Jeff could meet @JasonP in Beaumont, meet with us at Kountze. Then we could ride together to Woodville, grab some lunch, BS a little and the split up heading back to our areas. Just an idea. Comments? Doable?

Reactions: Louisiana Jeff

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
lesblank if you have a little while on Sunday, Jon, myself and maybe one of my neighbors are riding over to the new Cycle Gear in Katy. I've already been but we are just going for the short ride. If you want to meet, have a coke and shoot the s4!t for a minute, let me know and Ii will fill you in with more details when I know what those details are. Also, as always, everyone welcome.

·
9,529 Posts
Sounds like a plan. That way I can pick my Christmas present for you to buy me. :ROFLMAO: 😉 🤭. What time you thinking?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Not sure just yet. Probably leaving around 10:00 from Cypress. Not written in stone yet. I still have to talk to Jon and Gabe (my neighbor). Will let you know for sure as soon as I know. Look for a solid time tomorrow morning.

·
9,529 Posts
If y'all come down Greenhouse we could meet up at Rebel Yell @ Greenhouse. That's where I turned into my subdivision the other day at the two schools

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Kinda thinking here, if the Houston Area Riders were to head east, maybe out 105, maybe @Louisiana Jeff could meet @JasonP in Beaumont, meet with us at Kountze. Then we could ride together to Woodville, grab some lunch, BS a little and the split up heading back to our areas. Just an idea. Comments? Doable?
posted 10 days ago and I just saw this. Depending on weather and contractors... I would probably drag a friend or two from the area also.

·
9,529 Posts
Cool. It will be after the new year. We try to plan a ride or two for the future.

·
9,529 Posts
Ok. Look for me Greenhouse right before you get to West Little York.

·
9,529 Posts
The Houston Vstar Riders got together today for a ride to the new Cycle Gear Superstore in Katy. Wow, this place is huge. We rode to the store, spent hours doing some major window shopping. Three of us attended this ride: @safetyart06 , his neighbor (Gabe) and @lesblank . Here's a few few pictures inside:

It was a short ride but here's the Relive and a few other videos.

·
9,529 Posts
Put together a short video of us going to Cycle Gear and then going home. @safetyart06, you sure are getting a lot of camera time. 🤭o_O

Reactions: Jspree

·
9,529 Posts
Thanks @safetyart06, I'll put the finished video in this thread.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts