Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

121 - 140 of 236 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,176 Posts
Wow, I've got to check that place out.
To me, it's bigger in person. If you are ever in town, let me know, we'll meet and go.

·
11,176 Posts
@safetyart06, @JasonP, @blackadder and other Houston area riders. Hopefully the weather will break and we can begin our monthly rides. Do we want to plan a ride out east doing a Beaumont / Woodville type ride or one on west side. I would suggest to save the longer east texas ride till spring hits and weather is nicer.

I did this ride one and was really nice. We could plan a little better and not back track like I did a few times. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm planning on meeting a group that I found on meetup this Saturday morning in Webster. And they are riding to pine tree lodge in Beaumont, if anyone is interested. As far as rides, I'm always down to ride in my area and learn some new routes. I've been waiting on yall to start talking about it, because I enjoyed our one ride together, and honestly Galveston is my favorite ride destination around me. I've just been testing my own thermal limits this winter, but it t hasn't gotten really cold yet.

·
11,176 Posts
I'm planning on meeting a group that I found on meetup this Saturday morning in Webster. And they are riding to pine tree lodge in Beaumont, if anyone is interested. As far as rides, I'm always down to ride in my area and learn some new routes. I've been waiting on yall to start talking about it, because I enjoyed our one ride together, and honestly Galveston is my favorite ride destination around me. I've just been testing my own thermal limits this winter, but it t hasn't gotten really cold yet.
Great. We'll get something planned soon.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
I never heard of Pine Tree Lodge, I'll have to try it out. I won't be able to ride Saturday, if I could I would meet you there. I've got contractors... it's almost like arthritis, some times it shows up when you don't expect it. My shed/garage is ready to be delivered and I just got 1 of 4 contractors to show up yesterday for the dirt work. I guess those guys have so much work it doesn't matter if you show up or not.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure there is just too much work for them(sarcasm). Hope it goes well Jeff, sounds like a pretty complicated thing to line up.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Unfortunately I will not be able to make anything this Saturday, however Jon and I were discussing this very subject while working on my wife's 1950 Pontiac (we all have our drugs, I mean toys). I am looking forward to our upcoming rides and starting to plan when I can make them.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
So, Lesblank, I was just checking out that video you posted. That looks like a good ride. Except, I did not see one gravel road on the whole thing. I am currently trying to put something together that can be completed before the sun goes down and the cold sets in. I know Jon and I are looking at Sam Houston but planning for later in the Springtime when the days are warmer and longer.

·
11,176 Posts
Oh, but it did. I turned around pretty quickly. On the Relive I posted that was one of the double backs you saw. :ROFLMAO:

·
11,176 Posts
I'm unfortunately undecided at this time with my BIL being ill. Maybe meet somewhere mid way and ride to Battle Ship Texas / San Jacinto Monument. Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
So, I am thinking that the monument is a good idea. As far as I know, the battleship has been moved for repairs. Maybe meet at the Baytown Bucees and ride to Kemah, lunch, and then back up to the monument for photos. Y'all tell me what you think. Les, you, me and Jon could meet somewhere over here.

·
11,176 Posts
I'm game, Carla might come also.

121 - 140 of 236 Posts